Ask the Team!

Thank you so much for clearing that up! :smile: Really helps :blush:

1 Like

Can I post lyrics here? Like in the chatter forum or something. If not it’s fine I was just curious.

1 Like

Sure, feel free to make a post in chatters and put the lyrics there. Be sure to give some context, though, so other people aren’t confused when they look at your thread. I hope you’ll get the feedback you’re looking for!

:featherfox:

2 Likes

Thanks! Okay follow up…if I wanted to post multiple lyrics, should I just put them all in one thread or make separate threads spaced out by a few days or a week or something?

1 Like

If you can, try to put them in one thread to avoid clutter. You can reserve a post or put a space in your first post to link to the different lyrics in your thread.

2 Likes

Ah, how do you do those things? I’ve never tried to link to another post in the same thread.

1 Like

'Ere, let me show you an example.

[Look at this post here!](https://forum.wackywriters.com/t/ask-the-team/483/462?u=firealwaysreturns)
[And this one here too](https://forum.wackywriters.com/t/ask-the-team/483/461?u=firealwaysreturns)
[Or this thread's first post](https://forum.wackywriters.com/t/ask-the-team/483?u=firealwaysreturns)

Look at this post here!
And this one here too
Or this thread’s first post

Basically, how it works, is you put the text that will be hyperlinked [in here], and then you put the link (in here) right up against the text box. That way it’ll link. This works with off-forums links as well

2 Likes

Neat! I’ve always wondered how people do that hehe. Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just a quick question! what are the heights of the profile header and user card background?

Good question! We’ll have to double check so someone will answer this when we’re done confirming.

1 Like

Alright, thank you!

1 Like

Oh thank you!

@CJtheSiteWizard Is there’s a way to permanently keep a thread as an archive?

Our current game is over and we will move to a new thread soon, as soon as the new thread get created and approved, but we don’t want our old thread to be sunken either. We want to close our old thread when the time come, but we want them to still be available for public view.

Also, how long it is until a new thread can be approved? I made the draft to a new thread recently, then I forgot that it need to be approved first, so the draft is still mostly empty.

Hey, thanks for reaching out!

Unfortunately, that will not be possible. On occasion, we may be able to revive threads if requested, but only if these threads weren’t closed due to rule-breaking and only if the purpose of the ‘revival’ is to resume (and maintain) the conversation. Once a topic has run its course, we cannot archive it or otherwise keep it publicly accessible.

This depends on timezone and availability – we are a volunteer team, after all – but generally we try to get them through as soon as possible.

If the draft is empty, then a new thread will not be approved. This is detailed in the #roleplaying-and-games category rules, as well as the Code of Conduct:

If there are no details for us to review, we cannot approve the topic. If you have submitted your request with an empty draft, it has most likely been rejected already. Please make sure you resend your request in as much detail as possible.

Lastly, please note that there is no need to tag any individual moderator when posting on ‘Ask the Team!’ :slight_smile: We all have the topic on ‘watching’, so as soon as one of us is able to provide an answer, we’ll be sure to get back to you.

Cheers,
Mari :coolpineapple:

4 Likes

Alright then, will do!

Is there’s really no way to somehow save the thread? :frowning:

There is a way for you to save any thread you want. Just go to the thread you want to save on a desktop/laptop. Then click ctrl + P as if you were printing it. From there, you can check the preview before you save it as a pdf to the device you’re on. For long threads, you’ll need to do it section by section. Shoot me a private message for more help.

3 Likes

We only have two situations in which we keep threads open indefinitely:

1. General resource threads in their respective categories that can be utilized by anyone (coding resources, writing resources, etc.)
  2. Personal Threads

In addition to this, we are also doing our best to efficiently save data on the forums due to a limited amount of space. You are free to archive it yourself, though.

This is our final stance on this.

1 Like

I never thought on saving it as PDF! You’re saving my life! :open_mouth:

We can save our threads ourselves, but we’re asking for other possibilities too. Beside, EBG only create one thread, once every few months, so I doubt that we will eat that much space.

What does it means by “personal threads” though?

1 Like

As we have stated already, we cannot make exceptions to this rule. If we start making exceptions for you, we will have to make exceptions for others. We understand that you want to have more options, but we cannot make exceptions.

Personal threads go in the #personal-threads category. It’s a new category we had set up. If you like to find out more about it, here’s a link to the category-specific rules and the category description.

1 Like

I understand that the rules existed for reasons and I’m not asking to be an exception either.

So, is it possible to move our threads to the personal threads category if we request the mods? We only want to keep them as an archive of information and memorial purpose.