Ask the Team!

Feel free to ask us questions about the forums if you feel lost and need some guidance. We will try to get back to you in a timely manner. If you wish to discuss it more privately, shoot any of us a direct message!

Current Team List:

Site Wizard: :mage:
@CJtheSiteWizard

Head Moderators: :wackywriters: :star:
@JJJ000YYY
@alcoholandcaffeine

Moderators: :wackywriters:
@W.L.Ink
@DollyTH
@Forever_D_A
@SomewhatDistracted
@48lexR

Mini Mods: :wisp_heart:
@TheMidnightAssassin
@Zena

Check out this thread to see if any of your questions have already been answered!

22 Likes

FAQ

What happened to my threads? Did they get deleted?

Closed threads will be eventually moved to #the-necromancers-lair and only moderators have access to that section. This is done so that the site can save storage space as we currently do not have the funds to have every thread available for our users. If you wish to have a thread revived (and if it did not get closed for any COC breaks), feel free to ask the moderators here.

1 Like

Ask away!

1 Like

hi! XD

1 Like

after a flagged post was dismissed, can you still see that it was once flagged?

1 Like

From what I know, it should disappear once it is dismissed. We may have to figure it out more since we havenā€™t had many flagging situations yet

ah alright, I understand

1 Like

I am unable to post the link of my story here
Any solution ?

2 Likes

(Iā€™m not from the team)
That maybe due to the trust levels :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
You need to be here for some more time before you are able to post links here!

2 Likes

Ok thank you

2 Likes

Glad I can help!
More information about it Here

1 Like

Not sure if this is the right thread or not but let me shows my gratitude to the mods here.

@astrophile Lumi god bless you and everyone that made this forumā€¦ :pray:

Everyone was so devastated about what happened and this feels like a ray of sunlight after three whole days of darkness and depression when we lose our place to call homeā€¦

For real, the forum looks bona fide smooth goodness. Still glitchy but it works, and I feel at home here, so this might be a new forum for me to call home, if the old forum isnā€™t returning.

I plan to rebuild EBG here if thatā€™s allowed? I donā€™t see the ā€œCharacter and Story Gamesā€ section like in the previous forum, so Iā€™m not sure if EBG will have a place here. I want to ask this now in case any of the mods will have an objection or suggestion of my plan before I try doing it.

I was trying to do it in NaNoWriMo but their lack of coding function and (what seems to be) automated image resizing is killing me, so I donā€™t think that EBG will work there. Meanwhile, this forum that everyone made here have all the coding for my need, and it works wonderfully.

All thatā€™s left is for me to receive the grace of the modsā€¦ Because I really donā€™t want to be a trouble to this little community, considering that I uhhā€¦ I made like, one EBG thread every two months, sometimes multiple threads per months. Iā€™m afraid it will eat the forum bandwidth? Hopefully not, but I want to ask here now to all the mods in case they have a problem.

Once more, thank you everyone that made this forum. I am deeply grateful. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey there! The forums are really new to us so we donā€™t know how weā€™ll approach moderating bigger game threads so it might be best to hold onto that thread for now. Once everything becomes more settled we can revisit this idea but right now itā€™s taking one step at a time.

1 Like

Understandable and reasonable. Thank you very much for considering my idea. I will be sure to hang around and keep in touch with this community and watch it grow. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We hope to see you around!

1 Like

Questions about flagging mods (from another topic)

2 Likes

We have not considered an appeals process, but we can take it under advisement in the future.

3 Likes

Completely out of curiosity, who wrote the program for this forum? Itā€™s brilliant

1 Like

The forum is Discourse, which is opensource (free) forum software that you can install on a server if you know how. Wattpad used the same thing, but probably hired Discourse to manage their server for them.

But as for this site, hi :wave: I think youā€™re looking for me lol.

5 Likes

Ah yes, the discourse forums have the same layout. Thank you for creating this and thanks to the the rest of the team as well! You guys are amazing :slight_smile:

5 Likes