Report Site Bugs Here

Site Bugs Submissions Site Bugs Submissions
I have implemented a new system for reporting site bugs. NOTE: This is not the place to:
  • Ask questions about the forum. That's the Ask the Team thread.
  • Contact a moderator/the site wizard. You can create a new PM to the "moderators" group, or tag @/moderators on your thread.
  • Request new features. That's the Feature Requests thread.
Anything not related to site bugs will result in an "off-topic/derailing" flag and a follow-up from a moderator. Before you submit, please mark which troubleshooting steps you have already tried:
  • Refreshed the forum on your device: [ ] Yes [ ] No
  • Tried a different device to confirm the problem: [ ] Yes [ ] No
  • Tried a different browser: [ ] Yes [ ] No
In order to submit a bug, you must provide the following information: Describe the bug (what happens, when it happens, what the error code is, etc):
Has it happened more than once?:
What kind of device?:
  • Mobile/Desktop/Both:
  • Maker (Apple/Android/Windows/etc):
  • Model (Galaxy/iPhone/etc):
  • Operating System (if applicable)(Windows 10/OS Catalina)
What browser(s) are you using?:
Provide a screenshot (if available):

Failure to provide this information will prevent me from adequately investigating bugs, so please don't make me ask for it.

ā€§Ķ™āŗĖš*ļ½„ą¼“ā˜¾ Code by CJ ā˜½ą¼“ļ½„*Ėšāŗā€§Ķ™
24 Likes
  • Refreshed the forum on your device: [:ballot_box_with_check:] Yes No
  • Tried a different device to confirm the problem: [:ballot_box_with_check:] Yes No
  • Tried a different browser: [:ballot_box_with_check:] Yes No

Hi there! I was putting up new YouTube links for a personal playlist, but I got this message (error 204) when previewing the post:

The YouTube links stopped one-box-ing and this has never happened before. Iā€™ve tried it on my Windows 10 laptop (Chromium Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome) as well as on my iPhone (Safari) but none of those worked. Is there any way to fix this?

2 Likes

Iā€™ll take a look at it and see if thereā€™s a Onebox issue. Thanks for sending this in.

1 Like

Should be fixed now. Looks like it was an open font tag. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much! :smiley:

1 Like

Iā€™ve an issue with going into my Network page on my account, this message keeps popping up on it, ā€œOops! That page doesnā€™t exist or is private.ā€

Please review the OP and provide the information/troubleshooting steps requested.

• Refreshed the forum on your device: [ x ] Yes No
  • Tried a different device to confirm the problem: Yes [ x ] No
  • Tried a different browser: Yes [ x ] No

Describe the bug (what happens, when it happens, what the error code is, etc):
Has it happened more than once? : It has happened many times over months. When I click on the Network page it says it doesnā€™t exist or itā€™s private
What kind of device?: Macbook Pro

• Mobile/Desktop/Both: Desktop
  • Maker (Apple/Android/Windows/etc): Firefox
  • Model (Galaxy/iPhone/etc): (? donā€™t understand question)
  • Operating System (if applicable)(Windows 10/OS Catalina); macOS Big Sur 11.2.1

What browser(s) are you using?: Firefox

Good deal. Iā€™ll review and see what I can find out.

Thank you!

Something about some users is definitely throwing the 404 error, but nothing that I can narrow down between users. Iā€™ll reach out to Discourse directly to see what they suggest. Thanks for you patience.

Youā€™re welcome, it could be an internal error but Iā€™m not sure. Thank you for keeping me updated.

So it seems like the forum is back online, but still really buggy for now. Thatā€™s okay, but I have some pretty serious issue on my community, so I guess itā€™s worth reporting here.

Apparently, any post from the past three days (or four?) are gone. Iā€™m not sure whether they are deleted, or they simply vanished out of nowhere. Not sure either whether or not they can be recovered, but it would be really great if they could, since thereā€™s some pretty important discussion going on, and it would be better if our talk are not vaporized as if they never happened.

(Hereā€™s the link to my thread in case itā€™s needed)

Thanks for all of the hard work and looking forward to hear back soon!

2 Likes

I second this. Itā€™s also happening to our thread hehe.

Iā€™ve checked other threads too. Same thing: the latest posts were 4-5 days ago. . .

2 Likes

@Crimson_Scythe @danastj123

Hey both, thereā€™s a big red banner on the homepage answering your questions :slight_smile: You can also check the status history here: https://wackywriters.statuspage.io/

CJ has been up two nights in a row fixing things and we had to pay a small price in the form of 3 daysā€™ worth of data just to have a forum at all. So your patience and understanding are much appreciated! Thank you :heart:

8 Likes

No problem!

1 Like

2021-04-13T02:11:00Z
Some users were reporting that the ā€œNew Messageā€ button in their Inbox was missing. This should be fixed now.

3 Likes
  • Refreshed the forum on your device: Yes No
  • Tried a different device to confirm the problem: Yes No
  • Tried a different browser: Yes No

Describe the bug (what happens, when it happens, what the error code is, etc): Images are not showing up
Has it happened more than once? : yes, its been like this for a few days
What kind of device?: laptop

• Mobile/Desktop/Both: desktop
  • Maker (Apple/Android/Windows/etc): windows
  • Model (Galaxy/iPhone/etc): idk
  • Operating System (if applicable)(Windows 10/OS Catalina) windows 10

What browser(s) are you using?: chrome

Please review this post.

2 Likes

Just so you know, I havenā€™t forgotten about this. Iā€™m supposed to hear back from Discourse toward the end of the month (maybe early May). They have all the error logs, etc. Just waiting for them to either provide me a fix or push out an update.

1 Like