Ask the Team!

I’ll leave it, then.

1 Like

Just making sure (because my memory is wonky xD) but I heard that the game-roleplay section of the forum has specific rules that, as soon as we make a duplicate of a thread, then the older thread will be closed in two days afterward. Is it still working like that now?

I notice that the chat thread has much longer lifespan now (two weeks I think? I remember the older one have only like few days lifespan) so it might worth asking about the other section.

Also, is archiving a thread still an option? We have absolutely no problems with any of our threads being closed sooner or later, but it would be nice if we can view them again later.

Yes.

Archiving a thread was never an option (and will not become an option), unless you archive it yourself off-forum (as pdf, in a blog post etc).

4 Likes

Is it me, or did some of the threads in the Chatters have the ability to reply removed from them?

1 Like

Which ones? Maybe they were old and got automatically closed.

1 Like

If you have an example, can you please run through the troubleshooting steps below and report it as a bug if the problem persists? Someone just mentioned something similar and CJ will need the info to pinpoint the issue. Thank you!

I noted a few: Polls for Fun, Asylum, and mine. I can guarantee that all of these have posts daring to at most two days ago. And I believe that the closing limit for Chatters threads is 14 days.

Yup, I’ll make sure to do that!

2 Likes

Thank you! :beautifulheart:

2 Likes

Oh, the feature’s back up now on the aforementioned threads?

2 Likes

Should be!

4 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

i think there is a mis-coding on the chibi wisp sticker ad for the wacky writers store! it might just be my computer tho!

it took me to an error page on the main part of the wack writers site.

1 Like

Oh might be! Thanks for pointing it out I’ll fix it today. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks again for pointing this out! It should be fixed now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi! I have a couple of questions about story links in personal threads, because I’ve gone through the Code of Conduct and I just want to make sure of some things.

Are links to our stories allowed in personal threads since they’re personal or are they still considered advertising?

What if it’s inside raw code? I’ve stored some coding for story ads in a personal thread post so that I don’t have to retype everything in the magical library. If I code something and post it, test the links, and then immediately edit the post to preformat the code so it only shows the code, is that still okay?

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s fine. Personal threads are definitely okay to store advertisements or links.

5 Likes

Thanks for clearing it up! ^.^

4 Likes

No problem!

5 Likes

I just found this thread. :flushed: Sorry, I should have asked my newbie question here rather than making a new thread.

Ok… I’ll comb this forum now to make sure I’ve got the gist of it good.

5 Likes

hello! i hope you guys are having an amazing day!

i think i might have found another glitch and just wanted to make sure you knew.

I got an ad about ‘have you followed us on wattpad’ i clicked on it just to make sure i am following, and it took me to twitter. <3

6 Likes