Ask the Team!

Hey Car, I’ve updated the edit limits - you should be able to update your posts again.

1 Like

Oh thank you!

1 Like

Hey! My cover shop has been hidden (it was under construction), is there any way to make it public now that it’s open? Thank you!

1 Like

I can do that for you!

1 Like

Thank you!!

1 Like

Should be all set now!

2 Likes

Are users ever going to be able to change their own usernames? (sorry if this has been answered already)

1 Like

No, only brand new users can change their usernames for a limited period after signing up. After that, a mod will have to do it for you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just curious, is there a reason for this?
And who do I ask to change my username? I just want to drop the second a. (ilianasarigo to iliansarigo)

2 Likes

Yes, because we have to keep track of username changes and every time a username is changed, it requires the forum to change over all posts to the new name. In the case of users with lots of posts, this can put a large strain on the site, which is why we limit the ability.

3 Likes

That’s a good reason. And it’s not possible to have it not edit the past posts.

1 Like

I’ll leave it, then.

1 Like

Just making sure (because my memory is wonky xD) but I heard that the game-roleplay section of the forum has specific rules that, as soon as we make a duplicate of a thread, then the older thread will be closed in two days afterward. Is it still working like that now?

I notice that the chat thread has much longer lifespan now (two weeks I think? I remember the older one have only like few days lifespan) so it might worth asking about the other section.

Also, is archiving a thread still an option? We have absolutely no problems with any of our threads being closed sooner or later, but it would be nice if we can view them again later.

Yes.

Archiving a thread was never an option (and will not become an option), unless you archive it yourself off-forum (as pdf, in a blog post etc).

4 Likes

Is it me, or did some of the threads in the Chatters have the ability to reply removed from them?

1 Like

Which ones? Maybe they were old and got automatically closed.

1 Like

If you have an example, can you please run through the troubleshooting steps below and report it as a bug if the problem persists? Someone just mentioned something similar and CJ will need the info to pinpoint the issue. Thank you!

I noted a few: Polls for Fun, Asylum, and mine. I can guarantee that all of these have posts daring to at most two days ago. And I believe that the closing limit for Chatters threads is 14 days.

Yup, I’ll make sure to do that!

2 Likes

Thank you! :beautifulheart:

2 Likes

Oh, the feature’s back up now on the aforementioned threads?

2 Likes