Ask the Team!

I’m just glad everyone seems to be happy here so far. :blush: :purple_heart:

4 Likes

hi there! i’m not sure if you’ve already been told, but the SYS threads will very soon be open here on Wacky Writers! if you could please hold onto your link until the threads go live, we’d appreciate it. should be very soon! :smiley:

Quick question about the CoC. Everything made sense to me but there was one small part that I was confused about. Under the subheading “Talking about others,” it says DON’T DOCS PEOPLE. What does that mean?

Looks like a typo. Don’t doxx people which is leaking out personal information that can lead to real life harm is what I assume it’s supposed to be

1 Like

Oh, thanks xD I thought it had something to do with Google Docs and I got confused. But that makes sense

1 Like

No problem~

1 Like

I noticed we don’t have a Research category. Will be be able to post research questions, such as polls about demographics or reader interests, in #the-writers or in another category?

2 Likes

In the code of conduct you say that groups for LGBTQ people or POC and allies are allowed.

Would a thread that is like ‘Want to connect with others of my own religion (but everyone else is also welcome to!)’ be allowed?

1 Like

Another question. Can we make a code shop in #the-designers:multimedia-design? To make spans for threads by requests.

2 Likes

I will find out the information to this question and your last one and get back to you as soon as I hear an update. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, take your time. I know you guys are doing a lot of stuff right now.

1 Like

Thank you for your patience!

1 Like

is it possible to get the regular badge even though the forums haven’t been around for 100 days even if you didn’t have the badge when the old forums closed?

1 Like

Don’t quote me on this but I think the earliest anyone new can get the regular badge is once the forum itself is 50 days old since the trust level itself requires a person to visit the forums at least 50% of the last 100 days.

ok, thanks

1 Like

Alrighty sorry for the delay guys I have to sleep sometimes. :sweat_smile:

I am likely going to remove this language for the sake of clarity - a few people have had questions about it.

We are still in the proces of adding categories and sub-categories so bear with us, but I imagine we will eventually have a Research category, yes. In the meantime, post where you feel is most appropriate for people to find your threads, and we can always move it for you when we have a better place for it. :slight_smile:

I know there were several threads like this on the Wattpad forums, and I’m tentatively okay with it. But we are a diverse community and want to make sure threads like this don’t end up being exclusionary (I saw your “everyone is allowed” comment, so that’s good). I completely understand wanting to find people from your own background as long as the thread is not used to A) bash anyone from another religion B) discriminate against race/creed/sexual orientation/gender etc. I know some religions have stances on some of these things, but that cannot be brought here (not saying you will, just to make sure I provide the appropriate amount of clarity for what is and isn’t allowed). If all this makes sense and your thread will abide by these rules, then sure, feel free.

Sure! Not everyone knows how to make spans, so go for it.

Are you asking if it’s possible for you to “pick up where you left off” in terms of earning the regular badge from the old forums? Unfortunately no, we aren’t a direct copy/paste from the old forums, we just use the same forum software.

If any of y’all have other questions, feel free to ask!\

CJ

3 Likes

Alright, thanks for the response! I just thought that that would a good clarification to the rules. :blush:

If I was thinking of making a thread that’s like ‘Let’s discuss different religions’ where would that go?

Probably Chatters, but may I ask the intent behind the topic?

2 Likes

I love learning about different cultures, it’s fascinating. Especially many eastern religions like Hinduism, which are very different from major western religions and it is really quite interesting!

That is awesome! Learning about other cultures is absolutely encouraged here. My only suggestion, just to avoid any tricky questions, is to phrase your thread topic like “I want to learn about other religions!” so it shows clear intent on what your thread was created for. :slight_smile: But yeah, absolutely go for it!

2 Likes