Ayo, come and check out my new writing device...

So. I got an iBook G4 from 2004 for minimalist writing. Do you think this is a good idea? It’s bonus features are that it runs iTunes, runs Office 2004, Writers Cafe works on it, has a form of email, can hardly connect to the web, and sporadically plays videos if you downscale them enough :smiley: !

5 Likes

So, you got an old laptop for your writing because you don’t need that much, correct?

2 Likes

Yeah, and it still runs iTunes which is a bonus lol.

Distraction free writing, though.

4 Likes

Oh, I see now!
That makes sense.

2 Likes

And I changed the wallpaper because the old one was boring :joy:

3 Likes

Yeah, I see!

Pretty cool wallpaper though!

2 Likes

thanks!

2 Likes

Looks perfect! What were you using before? Your phone? I definitely recommend that any serious writer get a computer rather than write books on a phone, but some insist that works for them. I don’t see how they do it. ¯\_(ﭢ)_/¯

2 Likes

I was using my phone, and my MacBook but I think that I am gonna use the MacBook for music, and entertainment, and the iMac for everything else except writing. It’s easier to focus on an old computer.

4 Likes

So, the less distractions the better for your writing, I see.
That makes total sense! :grin:

2 Likes

Yeah and I like the wallpaper too.

2 Likes

:grin: :+1:

2 Likes

That’s probably why I resist getting a new computer so much. Lol

2 Likes

But how else can I edit things? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You gave me an idea and I am thankful for that.
:grin:

2 Likes

What idea?

1 Like

I have a laptop, that isn’t old but the internet goes in and out, so I am going to use strictly for writing my stories while the internet is off.

I got the idea from one of your threads. You know, the one about you using an old MacBook for purely writing.

Sorry for stealing your idea. It just makes sense to me.
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

No need to apologize, but that’s a good idea :stuck_out_tongue:

I am also gonna get another old MacBook Pro, and use this and connect it to the internet and use it for watching movies, streaming music, syncing iTunes and will probably upgrade the RAM on it :joy:

1 Like

Cool! :grin:
How old we talking? Just curious.

1 Like

the iBook is 18 years old, and this one will be 16.

1 Like