Baby gifts

I’m becoming an uncle in August and I need help with baby gift ideas. I know I’m going to buy a Halloween outfit for the baby but to be honest beyond that my mind is going blank. Mostly because I was going to get books but then found out my sister was doing that and I don’t want to end up buying the same ones. And everything else I looked at I’m just looking through the bad reviews and deciding against it.

Basically, I want baby gift ideas and names of good brands.

I’m probably not going to buy anything for another month or two but I rather know what would be good to get now versus later especially if it’s handmade and takes longer to ship.

3 Likes

Maybe you could put together a gift basket of useful things…? Just buy a big basket and fill it with baby powder, safe toys, board books, etc. Maybe Amazon could give you ideas even if you’re not going to buy them there. ¯\_(ﭢ)_/¯

4 Likes

If you are an absolute madlad, you can crochet a blanket buddy.

Teething toys and music boxes are also a consideration.

2 Likes

Diapers. There will always be a need for diapers.

4 Likes

The struggle is real :rofl: I bought gifts for my nephews for Christmas, decided on some clothes because I don’t know which books or toys are suitable, and clothes are useful…but baby stuff is soooo expensive!!

That being said, it might be a good idea to check in with the parents, see if they have a wishlist or anything. That could maybe help them balance the burden a little bit and you can make sure you won’t get something the baby shouldn’t have.

2 Likes

@SteadyMyLove:
What did you end up getting? :thinking:

1 Like

Long time until August

2 Likes

Great…I feel confused for some reason.
:sweat_smile:

1 Like

@anon39043209 :smile:

1 Like

…I get it…now.
Had a stupid moment, but it is all good.

1 Like

Could be practical gifts—things like diapers, bottles, pacifiers, formula, blankets, car seat, stroller, clothes, bibs, baby monitors, mobiles. Enrichment items are always good, though babies don’t always play with these until a few months in—maybe rattles, blocks, stuffed animals, that sort of thing. Ultimately a newborn baby is quite a lot of fuss and hassle for parents, so any item that might make things run a bit more smoothly will always be appreciated!!