Be Added To Our Wattpad Reading Lists!

Hey @Allison_Hei you never gave me the link! :open_mouth: Please post the link so I can add your book. ^^

2 Likes
  1. Out of Reach - Manya - Wattpad

2. Fantasy

3 Likes

ooo

1. Discover Soulmate - Jackie 💝💜 - Wattpad
  2. Romance
    is this how you do it?
3 Likes
  1. I didn’t add Humor because I was thinking “Humor” is more of in the style of writing, while the actual Genre is something more easily recognized. For example, on Goodreads two of the top “Humor” books are “The Hitchhiker’s Guide” & “Good Omens” which are more easily recognized as Sci-fi and Modern Fantasy respectively.

But if someone feels very strongly that Comedy/Humor is the only place their book would fit, I am open to adding it!

1. If you are interested in reading lists with requirements to ensure the quality, keep an eye out for our Curated Reading Lists, which will be coming soon! Those will only list books that meet the lists requirements and be refreshed often to avoid stale recommendations.

While we might clean out the Genre Reading Lists at some point, we do not have a set idea of when or why that will be. Mostly they are to feature our members books so we can more easily find and support each others works!

Thanks for asking!

3 Likes

Yup! Perfect, thanks so much! :hugs:

1 Like

No problem! I can add it then. It was already mentioned in planning so it will probably be some what common.

And yes, I didn’t add Vampire or Werewolf genres because of those preconceived ideas people have about those genres makes it hard for unconventional books, like yours, to break away from those notions. I was planning on putting them in Modern Fantasy, since Vampire & Werewolves are technically inside of the Fantasy umbrella.

If you want to add your book to the list feel free to post it. Or, you can apply for the Curated List if you’d prefer that.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for doing this!

———

Short Story

———

Romance

Both are standalons btw!

2 Likes

I know right! The technical definition of fantasy is all over the place. I was hoping the “modern fantasy” might fill the gaps a little but I was already anticipating the fantasy genre being troublesome! :sweat_smile:

Thanks for participating!

2 Likes

Yikes! I’ve been up for like 20 hrs so sorry!

Link: Erase and Rewind (Sample) - Ally - Wattpad

Also have a look and if you it fits in mystrey or romance feel free to shuffle it around! (Its an oddball that doesn’t fit nicely into one genre:)

2 Likes

No problem! I think Drama is a great category for it as its defined as “emotional and relational development of realistic characters. … Whether heroes or heroines are facing a conflict from the outside or a conflict within themselves, Drama … aims to tell an honest story of human struggles.”

Just be sure to follow our account and then go get some sleep you poor thing! :scream:

2 Likes

Ah sounds good!

& yeah sleep is kinda of a wild card at the moment:)

2 Likes

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/231577215-the-death-of-isaiah-williams
Genre/; Romance

2 Likes

1 Flying - Violet Daylight - Wattpad
2 Poetry

1 A WRITER'S PROBLEMS #youarenotalone - Violet Daylight - Wattpad
2 Non Fiction

1 My Forever - Violet Daylight - Wattpad
2 Short Story

Thank you!:blush:

2 Likes
  1. https://www.wattpad.com/story/114629344-sariel

2. Short Story

2 Likes

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/202587097-when-the-moon-rises
Genre: I don’t know if it’s fantasy or Mystery :thinking:

Also, thanks so much for this!

2 Likes

I am categorizing Vampire/Werewolf stories as “Modern Fantasy”. Thanks!

2 Likes

Link: The Night Rider - Captain Sarcastic - Wattpad

Fantasy (High/Dark)

2 Likes
  1. Link: Do you dream of me in the next life? - K. J. Whitten - Wattpad

2. Genre: Fantasy

2 Likes

Form one:

Link: The Dragon's Scale《COMPLETE, EDITING》 - 𝓒. 𝓦. 𝓚𝓷𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 - Wattpad

Genre: Modern Fantasy

Form two:

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/78286181-heart-of-midnight