Before we had this, back then, we had that!

GET IN THE CAR, FRIENDS! WE ARE GOING DOWN MEMORY LANE!
NOTE: Sorry for making you feel older than you wanted to or at all!

Before we had all the popular brand name products, popular websites, popular social media apps, cool popular techy stuff, and so much more, back in our day, we had these things!!!

Now, let us take a leisurely stroll down memory lane in the 70s to early 2000s on the things we’ve grown up with that became the start of how the products that came out now, came to be popular.

Thoughts and feelings?

4 Likes

@NotARussianBot
@JohnnyTuturro
@Akje
@alenatenjo
@MatthewJH
@TheTigerWriter
@AMMeyers
@SecretDurham
@J.L.O
@JojoDahlia

I shall go first and then follow along with your very own.

My Turn:

Before things like Spotify, Pandora, and IHeart, when it came to listening to music, we had in my day sites like Napster, Rhapsody (possible oops), Limewire, Frostwire, Bearshare, and iTunes for downloading music. I might be excluding some, but these are the ones I remember the most.

Now, it’s your turn to give it a shot!

4 Likes

qualeshia thinks im too young for this :pensive:

3 Likes

Normally, I pester certain people, I wasn’t sure if I should, but you could give it a shot!
My apologies!

:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Some memory joggers…
r/AustralianNostalgia
r/90sComputers
r/nostalgia
r/JMD

3 Likes

I remember listening to music from vinyl records, cassette tapes, and CDs at the end of high school.

I also remember the changeover from VHS to DVD for movies at the local, cavernous, video hire arcade (at the end of high school).

5 Likes

Yes, yes! :grin:

Remember Sobe drinks and the fruit flavored Altoids? I miss those.

5 Likes

Well…I still had cassette tapes and floppy discs.

I had all these children’s songs on the cassette tapes, so that’s how I learned songs like There Was an Old Woman Who Swallowed a Fly, and something about carrot stew. I remember distinctly at like the age of four or five thinking how cool it was that you could flip the cassette tape over and listen to different songs.

Floppy discs was something I had in my first year of elementary school when they made us paint things in the old, old MS Word… I think it was MS Word? Not sure actually.

These days data is stored on a cloud :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I remember the days of 5.25" and 3.5" computer disks.

Now my USB stick can hold a bookcase worth of those fingerprint magnets.

And I once owned a ZIP disk drive. Never used it after the computer course it was required for.

4 Likes

Wait, they still sell these?

4 Likes

They do?

1 Like

At least at best buy…

2 Likes

nah i’m just teasing :stuck_out_tongue: ur good

2 Likes

gasp You meanie! LOL!
:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

You could find them at the retro electronics stores in Japan.

2 Likes

Wrow! So cool!

1 Like

My Buddy dolls.

3 Likes

We used to have imagination…

… Now we have AI and iPads.

5 Likes

Sad but true! ☜(ˆ▿ˆc)

2 Likes