BENTO BOX ART!!!

Does anyone, besides eating them, enjoy seeing those bento box lunch art?

Browse Pinterest to see or some other site and post them here.

I think it’s not only cute but yummy looking.
Thoughts and feelings?

1 Like

So cute!

2 Likes

I like Asian food in general. It doesn’t have to be kawaii, and if it’s form over function I wouldn’t enjoy it as much.

https://www.google.com/search?q=bread+roll+that+looks+like+a+butt&client=ms-android-tmus-us-revc&biw=360&bih=666&tbm=vid&sxsrf=AJOqlzVcoPcl0LaDN05b67LCCyq18l67fw%3A1677699803005&ei=2qr_Y-r2PLGoqtsP_Nau0AU&oq=bread+roll+that+looks+like+a+butt&gs_lcp=ChBtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXZpZGVvEANQyhJYwBlg9xxoAHAAeACAAZEBiAHtBJIBAzEuNJgBAKABAaoBEG1vYmlsZS1nd3MtdmlkZW_AAQE&sclient=mobile-gws-video#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:3c2e3c23,vid:gWgFkNdqNSY

2 Likes

Aww…so darling. The little booties.

1 Like

Personally, it looks like a pain to make (wake up at what, like, four am or five am to make it?) and a pain to eat (so many little things) :stuck_out_tongue: One or two things as cute or fun is nice, but everything? A bit much. As a Japanese person, I’m in awe that even THAT has become an art form that people from outside Japan like. Anime, sushi, ramen, and now bento art??? But the point of bento gets a little lost internationally :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, that makes tons of sense.
I could never wake up that early just to make such intricate and cute designs like that.

I would get very annoyed and my patience would grow. But I love how cute it is when you ignore the glaring issues that someone went to hell and back just to make that. LOL!

3 Likes

There’s more than meets the eye? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, it’s pretty creative if you take a step back. I can see that :blush:

I really just cannot get over how America seems to find so many Japanese things as art. How do you guys do that? Next thing you know, slippers will be art XD I think the Japan-love thing is crazy. From a Japanese perspective, that is.

I guess it’s kinda similar to how my Japanese friend obsesses over Korean everything from food to fashion to beauty, all because of K-Pop. She even seriously considered moving to South Korea XD

It’s so crazy how we get obsessed by other people’s cultures, huh? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Who wouldn’t want octopus sausages?

4 Likes

I guess it is the whole fascination with something different that is outside the everyday.

You want to know and you are enticed by the cultures of others a bit more than your own. That’s just how most humans are.

Funny thing is that when I was younger and an anime fan who really got into any in her college years, I wanted to live in Japan and learn Japanese.

Now, I just would like to vacate in Japan rather than live there.
God, if I could live in a foreign country other than staying in America, I would love to live in either some lovely yet diverse part of some European country.

2 Likes

So cute.
:blush:

1 Like

Well, specifically the reason for bentos and who they are for.

But I won’t get into that :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

:open_mouth:
Oh, I see.

2 Likes

I think that Bento Box Art and any form of creativity in food looks amazing to us, especially in the West because we’re genuinely lazy gits who don’t spend as much time on food, and are always rushing around, and geneally don’t put as much love into and attention as we should. We just throw stuff together, and hope for the best, and see it as fuel. And then complain when we get sick because we don’t have enough nutrients, even though we know we can do better in a way.

:flushed:

2 Likes

You just spoke volumes right now.
Damn…

2 Likes

That’s because we have some really strange art.

3 Likes

For the Banana with the duct tape, who the hell did that and thought it was art?

Whoever it was I will personally find that person, and punch him in the crotch or her in the face for that bullshit.

Unless they were doing it to prove some point, that person will personally get punch in the dick or face.

:angry:

1 Like

That’s how some people write. Lol

1 Like

They need to get punched too.
Not even joking.

I recommend reading some art critique books by Robert Hughes (like The Shock of the New or Nothing if not Critical). He as a very poor opinion of Modern ‘Art’.

2 Likes