Blurb feedback needed - paranormal

I probably should have done this weeks ago. :sweat_smile:
I noticed that my ONC novella has failed to gain the traction that my previous ONC books got. It could be due to many factors out of my control, but the blurb is under my control, so let’s see if we can do something about it.

I thought the blurb was fun and punchy before, but maybe it was too short and didn’t reveal enough about the story. I added a bit more to it now. Is this enough?
Does it have any hook at all?

:ghost: Who let the ghosts out? :ghost:

Ian thinks he’s getting the hang of his supernatural powers but a surprise encounter with Melody, a professional psychic medium, forces him to put his skills to the test in a friendly psychic duel.

It’s all fun and games until they accidentally break the fabric of reality and the Grim Reaper gets involved.

Ghosts aren’t the only ones with unfinished business. Ian’s approach to moving on is to not think about the past, but what he really needs is someone to guide him through the darkness, someone who understands his gift. Too bad he pissed her off.

Probably shouldn’t be revising blurbs in the middle of the night when I’m too tired to think straight. But I feel like something is still missing from it, a connection from the Grim Reaper part to the unfinished business part.
I think what I’d need to add is that his unfinished personal business interferes with his ability to complete the task.
But my brain can’t handle more thinking at the moment. Words escape me.

Or is it just me and does it read fine to you?

Previous blurb for reference if anyone's curious what I added:

:ghost: Who let the ghosts out? :ghost:

Ian thinks he’s getting the hang of his psychic powers but a surprise encounter with another medium forces him to put his skills to the test in a friendly duel.

It’s all fun and games until the Grim Reaper gets involved.

personally, i think a mix of the two blurbs would work best. i feel that the opening paragraph in the original is a little more punchy, but the revised second paragraph hits harder. i would revise or eschew the third paragraph in your revised one because i think that the second paragraph is a stronger note to end on.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.