〚 C O L O S S E U M 〛- A Writing Prompt Battle Game

Oh gosh I do, don’t I-

panic

that wasn’t supposed to happen I thought I thought this through way more- I will get back to you on this when I’ve sorted out the mess I’ve made.

Um- Words- Uh- Okay I swear I know how this one works I’m just struggling to put it into words.

So let’s say, hypothetically she gets stabbed and goes back in time to before she got stabbed. She is no longer stabbed and can redo the time leading up to getting stabbed to potentially avoid being stabbed, but once she reaches the moment where she was stabbed she has to go ‘back to the present moment’, so into what is more or less now the future the same amount of time she went into the past. When she gets to the present, she has vague knowledge of what happened but not exactly memories of it… Like if someone told her but she didn’t actually experience it…

Does that make sense? I can’t tell.

4 Likes

Okay I think I got this now… Just not sure if I can explain it adequately.

Umm… Think of her like an empty origami box but made out of something much more durable to paper… If she’s stabbed, she’s not going to bleed, she’s just going to die.

The incorporeal thing came from the fact that the body she’s in isn’t really her body? Like technically Caz doesn’t have a body she has to hijack one (except it’s not exactly like that, either, but that explanation summarizes it enough, I think).

Her physical form is definitely a shell, just not fragile. It’s not resistance to all damage (thus the scar, which she is oddly proud of but that’s a different can of worms), but it is resistant to more than a human body would be quite a bit…

Does that clear it up?

5 Likes

Yeah this part’s good, thanks!!

4 Likes

So does she have any vital organs, or is every part of her equally vulnerable? Like would a stab to the arm kill her as effectively as a stab to the chest?

4 Likes

Every part is equally vulnerable.

A stab to the arm is just as likely to kill her as a stab to the chest.

No vital organs or anything.

And like- Her dying isn’t going to be like bleeding out kinda slow, it’d pretty much be within seconds.

5 Likes

So basically she’s resistant to a bunch of stuff but one good hit could do her in?

4 Likes

She’s resistant to a bunch of stuff but if you puncture her skin she’s dead within a second or two…

Major weakness to guns because of that since that kind of concentrated power would puncture her skin, even in cannon.

5 Likes

Wait… if one hole is all it takes to kill her, does that mean Caz doesn’t have pores, ear holes, a functioning mouth, eyeballs, and all that?

3 Likes

She does and she doesn’t…

So if you’re looking at her and another person, and you knew one was Caz and the other wasn’t, there would be not tell to differentiate between the two, but anything that would be a hole on a regular person only looks like one for Caz. Like… She can talk and hear and see and all that fun stuff, but not in the typical biological way, if that makes sense?

5 Likes

Alright!! What do you wanna name the resistant exterior ability?

4 Likes

dies a little on the inside

I have no idea I hate naming things :pensive:

5 Likes

Alright!! If you think of something just let me know

4 Likes

Alright!! It is Nerf Time :smiling_imp:

Your stats add up to 37, so you can add 3 more points if you want!!

Caz’s weapons are all good—nothing to nerf there.

Now for the abilities.

This ability is way too OP. This is what I can give you:

Caz can slow her opponent’s perception of time down to half speed. This effect will last on her opponent for 5 seconds. Caz can use this ability up to 3 times per fight. Fatigue will increase noticeably with each usage.

I was a bit unclear on the whole consciousness thing and whether or not she’d actually be able to change anything, so I went with this:

Caz can jump forwards or backwards in time up to 5 seconds, retaining full knowledge of the present. Caz can then alter her own actions in the past/future for those 5 seconds until she catches up with regular time. She can use this ability twice per battle, with 10 seconds of fatigue following each use.

Caz is a weird balance, because she’s both extremely strong and extremely vulnerable since she could be killed with a single puncture wound. Since we can’t have Caz dying at the hands of the first sniper she encounters, Caz will need to be pretty resistant to any and all damage, including gunshot wounds. Caz’s other abilities have actually been nerfed as much as they have because her resistance is so high. This last ability will definitely need a bit more balancing—I’m trying to work out the best way to do that, but for now I have it written as:

Caz’s body is resistant to any and all external damage.

If you wanna go over anything here or change any of the abilities, please reply to this post.

4 Likes

Okay… Sorting through this…

This actually hurts, ngl.

I should have seen this coming I should have seen this coming I should have seen this coming-

But okay fair I think I can handle this… Ouch

Would it work to go 10 seconds back and forth and once per battle? Be closer to the cannon ability.

But she’s not though?

Couple things to point out here:

1. Her time travel ability exists in part to balance out her insane vulnerabilities and to counteract the GSW weakness especially, because she has the fleeting moments between injury and death to detect the injury, it gives her the chance to go back and avoid the injury (most common usage, tbh).

2. Not sure what kind of oversight this was but yes, I mentioned mega weakness to gunshot wounds but I forgot to mention her weakness to fire. While fire/extreme heat won’t likely kill her, it’s by far the most likely to demobilize her, and it does injure her (that scar she’s so proud of is like a burn scar from a lightsaber-esque weapon I still need to name).

3. The only name-esque thing I can think of is something “empty origami box” because that analogy really stuck with me for some reason.

Edit: Wait, let’s just call it Body Armour. Haha I’m funny it’s punny get it? haha… Not really funny.

3 Likes

10 seconds we can do, 20 seconds fatigue though

Carmel I used almost an exact quote from the form you sent in-

Anyways yeah I’ll leave this ability to be for now since I have More Questions

1. Could opponents break out of the time manipulation in any way, or are they stuck no matter what?

2. Do opponents feel the impact/results of attacks in half-speed too during the time manipulation?

4 Likes

This works fine!

Oh my God I made a mess with that I’m sorry- Never let me do anything at 1:30 am again

I would like to extend my formal apologies to cover this part of the mess, too.

I did, however, think I said something vague on the form that left it open to injury still… I’ll have to go back and look at that because it’s more than possible I didn’t.

1. This is not something I’ve considered, but I’ve always considered it absolute. That said, it logically is not absolute. Yes, it could be done, I’m just not sure on the exact parameters of it… It would depend on if the opponent’s ability to notice the illusion, I think.

2. Ummm… The idea is that it looks like she’s moving faster than she was and they are moving slower than they were before, if that makes sense?

5 Likes

Yeah, I definitely did not say what I meant to say on the form and am currently in the process of mentally beating myself up for that.

5 Likes

Do you want to edit the form, then? I’ve been using everything on the form, so if you’re going to change stuff up it’d be better to put it there.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s probably for the best I’ll do that…

I kinda hate myself right now sorry, I made a mess I should have known better.

4 Likes

Those exact parameters would be useful.

When enemies are slowed, and Caz sprints at them, the enemies view her movements at half speed. Let’s say Caz then punches them and the opponent flies back. Am I correct in assuming the opponent still views Caz as a small distance away? Does the opponent feel the pain of the hit, even though they haven’t perceived the hit yet?

The opponent’s body would still hit the ground at normal speed. Do they feel themselves hitting the ground? Or would they percieve themselves still falling at half speed?

2 Likes