〚 C O L O S S E U M 〛- A Writing Prompt Battle Game

Well, basically you make a character who can easily beat your character who more or less represents you and I eventually pit them against each other.

But it’s more complicated than that for a few :shushing_face: reasons.

5 Likes

:thinking:

4 Likes

I also… Apparently… Never finished the second chapter.

5 Likes

Guess you caught us at the right time… we were about to dismiss your characters :sweat_smile:
Think you’ll be able to join in for the next round?

6 Likes

@kabanerry alright, I have finished my rework for Hound’s abilities and other stuff, so here you go

Leonhardt, or should I say "Leonie von Dietrich"

Name: Leonie von Dietrich

Nickname: Hound

Species: Human

Appearance: 173 cm/5’6”, white long hair (originally black but she dyed it), orange eyes, pale skin, wears a black/white shirt, black jeans, black shoes, black metal gloves.

Reference pic

Something like this in battle

Something like this when casual

Personality:

Sharp-tongued - People said that her words stab like a knife and often offend other people although she meant no offense. She’ll talk the way she normally does, but when someone shows a sign of being offended, she’ll stop talking and rethink how she should communicate with the others (doesn’t apply to her opponents though). She’ll most likely not be sharp-tongued once she gets along with other people.

Stubborn - Don’t even think of picking a fight with her, because she will offend you either way. It doesn’t matter whether she’s right or wrong, she will still say something hurtful enough to make other people leave her without being satisfied. She wouldn’t even think about changing the way she approaches other people if they were intending to fight her.

Patient - She may have a sharp tongue, but she is very patient. She doesn’t get offended so easily, people who try to offend her tend to backfire since she always has a way to counter their words without involving any emotional biases, even if someone physically violates her. She doesn’t give up on changing the way she communicates with other people if she happens to offend them.

Fearless - There is almost nothing that can make her scared after what happened to her in the past, she doesn’t hesitate to argue with someone even if they threaten her to be dragged straight to hell.

Closed - She prefers not having her past being known and refuses to tell her real name to someone she doesn’t meet often. She doesn’t like it when someone calls her by her real name in public places since she doesn’t want to be spotted by her father in all possible places.

Honest - She doesn’t lie and will most likely never, she will always tell her honest opinion on everything and will always answer a question without lying, although if she tries to hide something, she would just say that she doesn’t want to answer it instead of lying.

Assertive - She often doesn’t involve personal feelings when it comes to getting the job done, but she also doesn’t let herself be blinded by the things that seem too good to be true. She wouldn’t hesitate to go against the things that she doesn’t agree with.

Loyal - She might seem not the type to have friends, but she can be overprotective towards the person she cares about. She will get angry if someone does something bad to the person she cherishes, both physically or mentally (if you want to make her mad, I suggest you do this lol).

Backstory:

Her mother died when giving birth to her, because of that her father got depressed and vented his wrath on her. Every day Leonie got abused by her father, he always blamed Leonie’s birth to be the cause of her mother’s death. To relieve the stress, her father remarried a lot of women countless times, yet in the end, together with Leonie, the woman who married his father always get abused by Leonie’s father, but the blame always comes back to Leonie’s birth either by his father or his new stepmothers, it made Leonie hate both her own father and all of her stepmothers. At the age of 12 years old, her most recent stepmother got killed by the abuse given by her own father, she never felt scared more than anything before, afraid to be killed by her father’s abuse, she decided to run away from her home, leaving everything that she has, her education, her private stuff, and her own father. After she ran away far enough from her father, she realized that she had nothing for her to survive alone, she then wished a demon to be given the strength to survive in this cruel world alone, the demon agreed to lend Leonie his powers and warn her not to use it recklessly. At the same night, she attempted to steal a piece of bread for dinner, for the sake of survival, she attempted to murder the people who are in her way with the new power that she got from the demon, but in the end, she got caught by the cops due to the limits of her powers, she then got sent to a juvenile prison and starts living behind the bars. She spent 3 years inside the jail by reading books or solving puzzles provided by the police department, sometimes she also learned MMA due to the other prisoners who loved fighting. Among the other prisoners inside, there is only one person who Leonie considers as her friend, Felix Heintzberger. Felix has been Leonie’s reason to survive, he taught Leonie how to fight, how to interact with people, and how to survive in the world, he also became Leonie’s partner when solving puzzles and riddles, and he loves listening to Leonie talking about the book that she read. One day, a murder has been attempted inside the jail and Felix Heintzberger was the victim of the murder case. Leonie became sad after knowing that her only friend had been killed inside the bars. Not too long after Felix’ death, the police force came to Leonie and the other prisoners’ cell to find out the culprit behind Felix’ death, but none of them had a clue that will lead to Felix’ death, except for Leonie who already found clues that leads to her dear friend’s death while waiting for the police to come, she then accused one of the prisoners while exposing all the evidence that she had on her hands and proved that the prisoner she accused is the murderer. Not too long after Leonie solved the murder case that took away Felix’ life, the police force came back to Leonie’s cell and offered her to be released from jail and got promised to be provided a living place and money in exchange that she will work with the police force as a detective, Leonie accepted the offer (although only because of the money and freedom), she then got released from jail and start working for the police force. To prevent her from being found by her father, Leonie decided to go by the name Hound. Several years later, when she went home from work, she suddenly got teleported into an unknown place, meanwhile the police force reported that Hound went missing from the city of Elderburgh.

Base stats:

Strength - 6
Stamina - 10
Dexterity - 8
Intelligence - 10
Charisma - 6

Weapons:

Extendable saw - Used for short-range attack and can be extended to be used for medium-range attack.

Heavy caliber pistol - Used for long-range attacks, but mostly only being used to stagger an opponent since it doesn’t do a lot of damage.

Water vials - Used for water-based abilities, has 3 vials hidden inside her coat per battle.

Special Abilities:

Hydromancy - Hound can control the water by moving her fingers, she can use this power to shoot water blades that splash upon hit or surf at the surface. The water blade doesn’t do as much damage compared to the saw or gun she uses, but it leaves the opponent wet. Each cast of hydromancy consumes 1 vial.

Cryokinesis - Hound can fire an ice beam from her fingers to freeze the water splashes from the water blades that she shot by her hydromancy to slow down an opponent’s movement, freeze the water trails left from surfing with her hydromancy to interfere with her opponent’s balance, infuse it to her saw to increase her saw’s damage, or do raw ice damage on contact. The beam can only freeze the water from her hydromancy for 5 seconds and infuse her saw for 20 (or 30 if not too op) seconds, it deals more damage compared to the water blades she shoots but less damage compared to her saw and gun if the ice beam hits an opponent on contact. She can use it 5 times per battle.

Saliva healing - By using her saliva, Hound can heal external wounds on her body, although she doesn’t like to use this ability because it disgusts her, therefore she will only use this ability if the wound hinders her during battle and will only use it when no one is looking.

Blood sacrifice - A dark water-based magic where Hound can generate a blade made of her solidified blood and shoot it towards her opponent. This attack deals the most damage compared to the other offensive moves that she can do, but due to unhealthy reasons, she can only use this ability once per battle.

Fighting Style:

Hound usually starts by shooting the opponent to stagger them while getting closer, when in range she will switch to her saw, at close range, she attacks her opponent aggressively, sometimes will use her MMA fighting style for additional attacks or when she gets her weapons off from her hands.

“Why bother fighting me when you’re going to lose anyway?”

“If you can’t be professional on your job, then you shouldn’t be taking it in the first place.”

“After all that he did, nothing can make me scared.”

Disclaimer

Okay, so I know some of you are questioning why did I change Hound’s gender. At first, it didn’t slip in my mind at all, but as I made consideration, I suddenly had the idea for no reason and it made me to consider it even longer, and I finally decided to do it. Why would I do that? Two reasons:

1. Because I want a female character, but I don’t want to completely remove Hound from the character roster and just add a brand new character as a replacement.
  2. Because I somehow feel like Hound was Abel 2.0, they look similar, and I feel like I’m writing a character twice but with two different opponents. Yeah, their abilities are totally different, but I felt this air that somehow made me feel like both of them are similar characters.

Well, the reasons above aren’t the reason why I want to re-enter her (yep, I should probably go with “her” now), the reason why I re-entered her is that I feel like she would be relatively weak if I continue the “Seal of the Deadly Sins” ability and it won’t probably work out for me.

So, there you have it, idk why I made explanations for this, but I think I should do it anyway.

7 Likes

tenor (4)

Welp if we want to dismiss them I don’t mind submitting a new person lol.

But yeah I should be able to join in the next round.

8 Likes

Hey Alt!! Cool changes to Hound everyone here probably knows by now that I will forever love mean girls who could definitely kick my ass. I’ll be the one balancing her out!!

Also, congrats on challenger #69. Truly a milestone worthy of celebration. Colo, we made it!!

Are the water blades connected to her hands, or do they move through the air freely? If she doesn’t use her blades right away, how long will they last?

Same questions as for hydromancy. Also, what benefits are there to infusing her saw?

Can you elaborate on/set some boundaries for how much Hound can heal and how long it takes?

I’ll leave this one for now and come back to it once you’ve answered my questions for the other abilities.

6 Likes

Hi Paper!!! Thanks!!! I figured that you will mention that lol
Ah yes, I didn’t think about the whole duration thing for her skills, but I think I can immediately answer them.

They move freely in the air, well I was thinking that she will always immediately shoot it right away, but if she won’t be shooting right away, I think it will be 5 seconds before her fingers become sore afterward.

Okay, for this one, the ice beam is connected to her hand and fundamentally I really don’t think this attack will last more than 2 seconds, but if it’s necessary, then I guess 3 seconds are enough. Well, for the saw infusing, I’m thinking that it’ll add additional ice damage to increase its attack just like Abel normally do with his fire sword.

Ah yes, I didn’t think about this. So apparently, she can heal external wounds like skin injuries if she is being hit by a blade or bullet, but she definitely must see a doctor if she has severe damages like broken bones or infected skin (yeah the point is it won’t do). For the healing process, I would say 5 seconds before the wound closes, but it doesn’t remove the pain that she has when she received the damage. If I must put how many times she can use it, maybe twice is enough since it only does as a first-aid instead of an actual heal, but to be honest, even if she can do it all the time she still wouldn’t do it more than twice because it’s gross, she even won’t do it in front of her opponent as long as she can.

Okay, I guess that’s enough.

5 Likes

No that’s fine!! :joy:
I’ll look forward to seeing Gideon and Era next round :sparkles:

6 Likes

Challenger #17 BRIELLA ALINA RAELLYNIA, Rank PILUS PRIOR has been dismissed from the Colosseum.

Challenger #22 BRIAN BRIANS, Rank TRARII has been dismissed from the Colosseum.

Challenger #25 SANAA AL-IDREIS, Rank CENTURION has been dismissed from the Colosseum.

Challenger #33 JET, Rank CENTURION has been dismissed from the Colosseum.

Challenger #34 ATANALE, Rank TRARII has been dismissed from the Colosseum.

Challenger #36 KAROT C. VIN, Rank PILUS PRIOR has been dismissed from the Colosseum.

Challenger #37 SCARLETT INFERNO, Rank PILUS PRIOR has been dismissed from the Colosseum.

Challenger #40 REYNA MIENKOFF & CAHLLA MIENKOFF, Rank TRARII has been dismissed from the Colosseum.

Challenger #41 DA JI, Rank PILUS PRIOR has been dismissed from the Colosseum.

Challenger #45 DR. VITSIN BLYSK, Rank PILUS PRIOR has been dismissed from the Colosseum.

Challenger #49 EZEKIEL ROSE, Rank PILUS PRIOR has been dismissed from the Colosseum.

Challenger #56 LEONHARDT VON DIETRICH, Rank PILUS PRIOR has been dismissed from the Colosseum.

9 Likes

So I’ve looked over Hound’s cryomancy ability, and it seems like two separate abilities—the first being using ice powers to freeze the opponent in place, and the second being using ice offensively. You can either remove one of these abilities or sacrifice another one of Hound’s abilities to keep both of her cryomancy abilities in effect.

6 Likes

That’s a lot of people…

7 Likes

Ah, in that case, I think I’ll just remove the using ice offensively since it’s not the main purpose of the cryokinesis

5 Likes

I know right. Must be a cleanup.

7 Likes

In loving memory of those we lost in the Great Forum Shutdown :pensive: though they may be removed from the waiting list they have not been removed from our hearts

8 Likes

although I’m pretty sure most of them are the ones who didn’t find their way to the WW forums, but things must be done anyway :disappointed:

5 Likes

no mercy

7 Likes

You know what, I think I’m just gonna call her Leonie for ooc because calling her Hound is somewhat difficult since I used it for when she’s still Leonhardt, and you guys can call her by her real name too if that makes y’all more comfortable

But in-game characters still has to call her Hound though

4 Likes

N I T P I C K ‏‏‎ ‎R E V I E W S
language is more relative than time

Sadboy9000's review

Ok so I bolded “rushing” and “gently” here because their meanings (especially the one of rushing) are contradictive. Rushing is by default not gentle and therefore can’t really be described as such. Flowing or blowing can be described at different levels among which is a “gentle” level, but rushing can’t be done in a gentle way, that goes against its definition.

You can replace the second “Sebastian” with he since its still clear who you’re talking about and otherwise its a bit repetitive.

So it might be perfectly possible you knew this already, but from what I can find “to bask” is mostly used to describe someone enjoying a source of warmth which I don’t really see being the case here. Then again, colo challengers are a breed apart; you never know with them so if you knew that and used the verb conciously it’s all fine.

:eyes:

studied, it

Simple oversights, but take this as a reminder to write your responses enough beforehand so you can let them rest for a while and proof-read them once or twice.

XD. I’m starting to like Seb’s inner monologue

The comma here kinda annoys me although I get it’s there for clarification sake and I can’t immediately find any alternative. Maybe “what appeared to be a girl was drawn in a seinen-anime fashion.”?

As far as I can find “nonverbal” is only used as an adjective. Therefore it should be followed by an object here like cue or sign.

Not too important, but keep in mind you make use of some specific terminology (majorly gun-and biology related) that not every person may know the meaning of. If you want your writing to appeal to as many people as possible, I would advice providing a short description of certain guns/phenomena/substances with their therm. Of course, in the era of the internet, where people can look everything up in an instance, there is less pressure to provide this information and in the end, the desicion to open up your writing to this part of your potential audience or not is completely up to you.

Ya missed a space here.

And this, people, is what we call a fetish

Taken from him I believe.

The comma after “no” matter isn’t needed. Just put one after the “though”

In general this paragraph contained a lot of ,and structures, which isn’t grammatically incorrect, but is often only done to put extra stress on the subclause so in some sentences that felt unnecessary or weird.

Personally I would put the “not empty” between brackets rather than commas. Brackets are for optional extra information that is not necessariy to understand the sentence/have a correctly structured sentence. On the contrary, things between or after commas are needed to understand the sentence or make its structure correct. Alternatively information can also be put between dashes, which are often used for added information that’s not that important, but always given from a personal pov (so a narrator or character).

Eh, didn’t really bother me and tbh only would add to the zainy time/space travel imo.

I really enjoyed reading your response. The hopping through space and time surely made it a fascinating experience! The introduction featured a nice, sinister build-up, scalating in pure gore towards the second half. Many of your descriptions were detailed, but sometimes a bit clunky (although this bettered as the response went on). Keep in mind you don’t have to describe every single movement your character makes. Trust your reader’s mind’s eye to imagine part of the scene too. Generally you only have to write what is elemental to understand what’s going on (although more may be added for detail). Another thing I noticed is that you repeat character’s names quite often. Sometimes this was to make clear in conversation who was doing/saying what, but sometimes you could have just used personal/referral pronouns/referral descriptions (the lousy boy/man/ famous assassin/criminal…etc) in my opinion. Lastly, if you don’t agree with something I pinned as “wrong” or don’t get why I did so, feel free to ask me! I’m always open for discussion.

@sadboy9000 come and see your review!

8 Likes

we all look forward to Wolf’s reviews :eyes:

7 Likes