Celebrate Your Accomplishments!

Oh my goosssshhh. Finishing is a huge achievement!

5 Likes

thanks! I like the idea of having more stories under my belt- and once we get a printer my sister and I will be able to read them more easily. I think it’ll be interesting to look back and be like ‘yeah, I tried this trope! this is how it turned out!’

3 Likes

Congrats on finishing! That’s huge!

3 Likes

thanks! It was an interesting project.

2 Likes

The more you write the more you grow as a writer for sure! Plus finishing a project just gives a great sense of satisfaction (at least for me since it’s so rare I finish)

3 Likes

It’s day 4 back at work after maternity leave so I think getting all my work done plus some and house stuff was pretty good. Exhausting but nice to have done

5 Likes

Oh wow! Sounds like you’re adjusting well so far (or at least starting to)! That’s great~

5 Likes

ahh… well congrats on the ones you have finished, and the ones that aren’t finished are still good experience.

The first bajillion stories I wrote were unfinished but I think I learned a ton.

for me it can be a bit of a struggle to finish stuff, but I feel kind of relieved when I do, since I no longer have the stuff on my mind. I can just put it down and be like ‘I don’t have to worry about this anymore.’

3 Likes

(thank you~)

I totally feel that. All practice is good pratice but finishing is just really nice sometimes XD

3 Likes

yeah… I feel like I can show my finished stories to people. though mostly I just show them Mittens because that one’s really good and has a wide appeal (I think)

I do a new genre or prompt with every story because if my each of my stories does something different they don’t as much have to live up to each other.

2 Likes

Ooooo nice.

That’s great! Lots of fun experimenting can happen and you get to know what you prefer better

2 Likes
Summary

yeah! I love having a wide variety of tropes I like, or even just the curiousity to try a genre I know I’m not into.
Some of my most fun projects were ‘psychological sci fi with a dove’ which is in a genre I find boring to read but was somehow a lot of fun to write, and ‘mysterious romance’ which is in another genre I have trouble reading and writing but was fun to challenge myself to do.

I’m trying to think of another genre or prompt that will be especially interesting for my next story… I suppose I could represent someone who casually and lightheartedly deals with misophonia, but that’s just one character. I’m having trouble thinking of a genre. I’m gonna ask one of the people in the bookclub, who offered, to help me brainstorm.

Anyway, I’m getting off topic.
I should try to get some sleep again, good night, have good dreams.

2 Likes

Night!

2 Likes

About two days ago, I picked up a book to read for the first time in over a year. It’s a book I’ve been wanting to read for about two years, lol. Super chuffed that I got about halfway through already. Still got this :v::joy:

4 Likes

I’m bookmarking this.

5 Likes

Yesssssssssssssss. Read it good!

2 Likes
haha trigger warning

one month clean from self harm!

4 Likes

That’s great news!

2 Likes

tysm!!

2 Likes