Character Cards?

So this is probably an odd question…

Before people be like “why would you wanna go through the trouble of making a character card”, I just want to say I like trouble. :rofl: I can’t help myself and I am artistic at heart and I wanna create character cards.

Now my question is, how do I do that? So I already have an idea for the front of the card, aka the artwork. It’ll be done by me, and there will be a name of the character with it. But my question is, what should I do on the backside? I don’t wanna leave it plain. That’s boring.

I also tend to do a lot of sketching type of art, so I guess I’m just wondering if people prefer me to color it in, or if a black and white sketch is better.

I am lost and my artistic creativity is failing. Please help.

3 Likes

I’d never even heard of such a thing before, but now I can see how it would be a good promotion tool for fantasy books. You mean character cards like this kind of thing, right?

1 Like

Yes! Especially because I do write fantasy and lots of my characters are fantasy creatures. I love art so I thought it would be really fun to make them and do them with giveaways and such.

1 Like

Hm…when I look at these cards, the first thing I want to know is who are these characters and what’s their story? So why not put their bios on the back of the card? ¯\_(ﭢ)_/¯

2 Likes

What kind of bio? Like, what might interest people the most? I’m super bad at character bios. :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

How about something like this?

☜(ˆ▿ˆc)

bio

2 Likes

A patterned backside? So something like you would see on playing cards. Even better- make the pattern something like tha art of the culture your book is set in

3 Likes

To build off that, thematicall:

If this is pre-industrial, the type of in-world art would either go toward era painting or mideval book artwork, like what was put on the margins of bibles

1 Like

I heard Character Cards and I expected you to make fanmade Yu-Gi-Oh cards.

3 Likes