šŸŒµ Character Decor šŸ›‹

After Karenā€™s mercenaries rescued the twins, Karen gave them each an account in one of her private banks (Karen inherited an international network of them) with enough money to never worry about finances again. So the twins could afford to live in modest comfort.

1 Like

Ooo, I wonder how they got that generational wealth :eyes:.

Karen Gavish's family history...

The Gavish family villa (see above) is situated about 30min south of Beā€™er Sheva, Israel. The family of Karenā€™s father have lived in the region since the early 1800s. The ancestors of Karenā€™s mother moved there just before the First War. During the 1940s and 1950s the Gavish family set up several banks to help Jewish immigrants and refugees establish homes and businesses in (pre-state) Israel. This quite successful banking business eventually expanded overseas. Although Karenā€™s parents had the wealth to live anywhere, they decided to stay near Beā€™er Shevaā€¦They preferred the Negev desertā€™s space and quietā€¦and their villa was completed in the mid 1970s.

The death of Karenā€™s older brother, Simon, then an IDF soldier fighting in the 1982 Lebanon War devastated the family. Karen attempted to hide from her grief with obsessive University study, Karenā€™s mother died exactly a year after Simonā€™s loss, and her father expanded their businesses into organised crime (for reasons unknown). This was highly profitable, especially as the Soviet Union began to collapse, but Karen realised the Mafia was harming / corrupting everyone. She gradually convinced her father to abandon all associated businesses and return to their familyā€™s original goals.

Karenā€™s father placed her in charge of the familyā€™s banking empire, and fortified the family villa (expecting a mob war) while preparing to leave the Mafia. Rival families noticed an opportunity for expansion, and elimination of some opposition, and attacked the Gavish villa. Luckily Karenā€™s father had begun recruiting ex-Special Forces security and the attack was defeated, but her father was killed in the villa battle. Karen then developed her personal security force into a small mercenary army*ā€¦as expensive (to hire**) and well paid (by a doting Karen*) as they are effectiveā€¦

*Karen tries to claim her soldiers are ā€˜just mercenariesā€™, but they treat each other like close family (and several live at Karenā€™s villa).

** Only governments can afford us ~ Zorik; Karenā€™s bodyguard, first mercenary, and closest friend.
** We donā€™t take money from our friends ~ also Zorik.

1 Like

Does it have to be nice or decently nice houses or random scenery from random location in fiction or reality that best represents what your characterā€™s world is right?

I just want to know.
I have an idea, but those are Pinterest pictures and I donā€™t think I want to show those.

1 Like

Whatever pictures you think represent your story. :smiling_face:

1 Like

I really thought that said baking empire xD. I was like woohoo youā€™re rich in cupcakes! :rofl:

1 Like

I will try my hardest tomorrow because I am so exhausted at the moment.
Got to sleep but I want to stay up and fail miserably at typing sentences.

dry pained laughter

1 Like

Enjoy your rest!

1 Like

2 Likes

Thatā€™s so pretty! I love the pinky/red/purple shade.

1 Like

Or bagelsā€¦

ā€¦or Sufganiyot (Hanukkah doughnuts)

Even hardened mercenaries can have a sweet-tooth.

2 Likes

Investment! Lol

1 Like

I have something convenient. Might not be exactly what everyone else is doing, but I would pull the nature pics from this to show you anyway.

The vibes of The Rat Girl.

Is it fairytale land?
Yes.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s so aesthetic! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: I see why some people love those mood boards now, haha.

2 Likes

I am back!

Basically, Alagossia is an immensely vast yet massive world where magic coexist with the advance technology that is years from the what is on Earth.

Finding pictures that best describe the world of Alagossia is insanely hard, it isnā€™t an exact representation of the way it is pictured in my mind.

I can try, but it is a struggle to find a picture of it.
My mind is vivid and hard to describe certain things

I shall return once more, when I gather the pictures.
Be right back!

2 Likes

I am backā€¦again.

Higher Realms/Skyland Nations:
Pretty much similar to the Surface World but a floating landscape and more regal, modern, and magical.

Summary

Surface World/Lower Realms/ Greater Monarchies:

Pretty much this, but a more futuristic/ modern and overall magical.

Summary

Soar-The city of Rise, Pengzhen Zhang

Under Realms/Lowest Nations/ Petty Monarchies:
Itā€™s pretty much this, but it is more of a massive labyrinth of cities that are underground that arenā€™t as elegant as the Surface World.

Summary

That is the best of what I can do far as pictures and describing.

4 Likes

Very pretty! It one of reminds me of a Ghibli movie or like The Seven Deadly Sins anime.

1 Like

Which one exactly?

1 Like

Higher realm and the surface realm ones :ok_hand:t5:.

1 Like

Thanks a bunches for letting me know.

I can come back if I am up to it.
Right at this moment, I am getting drained out of nowhere and breaks are a crucial thing that I forget to do.

Seriously, itā€™s like I am running a marathon or something.

God! LOL!
I shall return later if you want me to and if I remember to.

1 Like