Coming to a slight realization...

I already knew this but at the same time I am really starting to see it.

I am a planster which means I half plot and half pants me novels.
Anyway, I sorta knew that but I am just now accepting it or whatever.
I am like a weird mixture of it though. Still, I plot/plan and drive into my novels with “some” idea of where things are going in the story.

I think it is better if I plot/plan out the chapters/plot/characters yet jump right into story and go crazy with it.

I have till the second draft and beyond to have it make sense/make a few changes/keep what feel right.

WRITING IS FUN AND MY CREATIVITY IS ALLOWED TO FLOW AND NOT BE TIED DOWN BY RULES THAT DON’T FIT WITH WHAT I REALLY WANT TO DO!!!

Sorry for yelling. I want to do my own style of writing and be free with it.
What do you think?

1 Like

Just do it…

Hell, you think/believe that I write much of my story and histories with forethought?

I don’t… It takes much to create what I have shared with you, but… I also think on the go, and write stuff as it happens to come to mind…

I’m going to be honest here… It has took me almost eight years to write eleven chapters of The Endurlon… Why? Because I have so many distractions of History of Arillion, the peoples, timelines and other…

When I do write, I just go with it and think about the differing times and such afterwards, that also goes with many things with the tale.

Don’t be discouraged, just write… I give this advice, yet I do not take it equally…

SD

1 Like

Why aren’t you doing it now? I always do that.

2 Likes

Oooh, who’s been stopping you from doing that up to now?

In a way, myself.

1 Like

I try to but the reality is that I fear is in a way holding me back.

I’m trying to do the “right thing” when it comes to writing or sometimes other people’s thing, but I seriously need to do MY thing instead.

Writing is like the blood and organs in my body. It keeps me alive.
I need it to live.

So, I through with trying to fit a mold.
Nobody told me this. I just do this to myself.

1 Like