Describe your novels based on a famous painting or piece of art!

If your novels or short stories were a famous painting or piece of art, which would it be?

My Turn:

The Breaker Novel is mostly going to be MC Escher’s Relativity because it will be confusing as hell but all connected somehow. The steps will lead one way, but turns around and goes some other way, yet still finds it’s way to stay connected to each other somehow. There are other famous paintings, drawings, and artwork that could fit this, but Relativity really fits it better. This is all the zero draft so I can only imagine what the edited version would look like.

So, the point is that The Breaker Novel is going to be a confusing mess of stairs leading in all sort of directions but are still connected…somehow.

What about you all?

EDIT: Here’s a picture if you don’t know what I am talking about.

3 Likes

Jackson Pollock, Convergence.

4 Likes

Damn…what the hell is happening? This is pure chaos!
I fucking love it already!

:rofl: :grin:

2 Likes

No idea myself

:joy:

IT is pure chaos!

2 Likes

I can just look at that art and go “what the hell?” and “this is pretty amazing”.

It makes sense given all that you said about your stories.
:grin:

3 Likes

Lmao, thanks?

2 Likes

No problem. :grin:

2 Likes

Hmm…maybe any artwork depicting Daphne and Apollo, but only because it’s the only pairing I can think of offhand of a woman screaming, running away from a man, although Apollo was most certainly not an incel. I’ll have to look harder for misogynistic artwork. ¯\(ﭢ)

2 Likes

Got a picture of it or it’s one of those hard to find artworks?

2 Likes

Quite the opposite – it’s something dozens of artists have depicted through the centuries. But here’s a few:

2 Likes

God, I want to make a funny comment, but I am uncertain.
:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Then go ahead! The funnier the better. (>‿◠):v:

2 Likes

I’ll try. LOL!

Apollo: Come back I want to love you!

Daphne: Dude, get away from me!

Apollo: Why won’t you let me love you?!

Daphne: DAMN IT, APOLLO! STOP FOLLOWING ME! LEAVE ME ALONE, CREEP!

Apollo: I can sing to you! My voice is lovely-

Daphne: Shut up and quit chasing me, weirdo!

Yeah, I could have done better, but I tried.
I didn’t think hard enough on it. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

On the contrary, you seem to understand their relationship pretty darn well. (*^-‘) 乃

2 Likes

Oh wow! I just went by what I saw!
Thanks for letting me know! LOL!

2 Likes

Let There Be Night:

https://img2.grunge.com/img/gallery/the-truth-behind-europes-brutal-werewolf-trials/henry-boguet-to-the-rescue-1613451533.jpg

1 Like

I don’t know the Classical Art counterparts to the following, but here I go…

Light Horse Memorial

Warhammer 40K Salamander fan art

Various Anime art / animation cells

^When I first watched the Full Metal Panic demo episode, I knew I had to feature the Mi-24 Hinds in my stories.

3 Likes

Ahh I don’t have a famous painting or art piece for mine, but a huge element of my book Steady Ground was based on this (After the Rain by Cyril Rolando), and I’d say it describes my novel pretty well:

3 Likes

Cain and Abel

https://www.neocoloring.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/f64d99536822df09e7c38e7d8fda0792_9.jp

But also King Lycaon is there

2 Likes