Desert Desserts - Group Editing

- This Week -

The Crew:
@Vintaginity (Full Book) vintaginity@gmail.com
@TMinx804 (Chapter 10 & Chapter 11) - tminx804@gmail.com
@Halfley (Chapter 1-5) dejapa.stevens@gmail.com
@KnightofEmpires (Chapter 20 - 30) - fairytalefable@gmail.com
@akaiItachi (Chapter 12) - choudharyrahil20@gmail.com
@TammyT (Chapter 1) - tammy@tammytyree.com - Welcome to the crew!
@CarlaBlack (Chapter 1) - catcarlablack@gmail.com - Welcome!

If you know anyone interested in joining, please send them a link to this thread. :slight_smile:

Hiatus due to inactivity:
@EKShortstories (Chapter 31) - Moving Hiatus - Please let me know when you are ready.

^Those on Hiatus are welcome and encouraged to join any week. I just don’t want to stress you out with too many chapters to catch up on. There’s no time limit on the hiatus as everyone is always welcome.

Welcome! I’ve added you to the assignment post. :slight_smile: You can find the other emails there as well. I’m excited to read your work. I have also added you to my document.

@TMinx804 || Sent Full Book (HC&C) | Completed DOTM Chapter 10 & Completed Smear Chapter 9.
@akaiItachi || Sent Full Book (HC&C) | Awaiting Chapter 10 of Spells.
@EKShortstories || Sent Full Book (HC&C) | Awaiting chapters 36 & 37.
@Halfley || Sent Full Book (HC&C) | Completed Chapters 5 of The Vanishing.
@KnightofEmpires || Sent Full Book (HC&C) | Awaiting chapters 20-30
@TammyT || Sent Full Book (HC&C) | Awaiting Chapters.
@CarlaBlack || Sent Full Book (HC&C) | Awaiting Chapters.

Ive gotta catch up majorly this week. (again) :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

Hello everyone! Thank you for the invite :slight_smile:
I’m working on this dark romance fantasy story since march this year. It all started out of nowhere, as I am not a writer of any sort, and I’m now 600 pages in, 3 beta scrolling through waiting for me to finish the first book :sweat_smile:
To add to the challenge, english is not my first language, so I wrote my story in french, then translate it and pass it through 3 programs. Why. Because haha.
I don’t intend to publish one day, first off because my story is too long (more than 250k), I’m not a celeb author and I don’t think I have enough thicc skin for mass critics! But if I can find a couple people along the way who like the story, that would be enough for me! :slight_smile:

my email adress catcarlablack@gmail.com

2 Likes

Welcome Cat! I added you to my docs. The others will reach out soon. If you have any questions, just post here and we check throughout the week. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Newling here! Thanks for the welcome! I’ve read the first Welcome “hot to” post - where do I find people’s email addresses to google doc the chapters to?

In the lineup this week, there are 6 of us (including me) - I’m bottom of the list - who on this list would I send my chapter to?

2 Likes

Everyone’s emails are listed on the post with the This Week on top in green. They’re blurred but if you click on the blur, you can see them. And a little above this post is Carla’s email in her post. We send our chapters to everyone. So you will have lots of eyes and feedback on your work. It’s so helpful. If you still can’t find them, let me know :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ok, I sended an invite to all email above, hope it’s alright! :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Yes! Welcome to the group. Ill get the assignemnt post updated when I can get on the computer today to get you added. :slight_smile: ill also send you my story today. Im so excited to have all these new faces!

1 Like

Thank you for answering those questions for me. :slight_smile: we were busy buying a car last night so we all know how that goes. At the dealership for hours haha.

2 Likes

No problem. And yes, not my favorite thing to do! I mean, a new car is fun and congrats, but not the process…

3 Likes

I don’t understand why in our time and age it can’t be a nicer process at the dealership. Some things just seem to get worse when you take the human interaction out of it and try to do everything online and such now days.

1 Like

@CarlaBlack & @TammyT - I just want to mention, I sent my full book, please don’t feel obligated to read the whole thing this week. The intention is supposed to be to read one chapter of each other’s work per week. If you want to do more then great, but we try to do a minimum of one chapter per week. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok thanks! I’m slotting time to go over each of them. Monday is always the next installment, and Sunday is deadline for the edits?

1 Like

First chapter shared with all of the above (except @EKShortstories)

2 Likes

Yes, thats how weve been rolling. We took some time off for people to catch up and if a lot of people go on hiatus we will take a week off, but for the most part thats the schedule. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think we have made a lot of things worse in an attempt to make things easier. Ex.- self check outs. But I wont get started on that!!

1 Like

Sorry, wasn’t able to review last week, will need this week to catch up.

Welcome to the group @CarlaBlack and @TammyT. Excited to read your books! Will share Spells with you.

1 Like

Yes! I agree but didn’t want to sound too crazy on the internet today lmfao.