Desert Desserts - Group Editing

@Vintaginity - Cake Toppers- Completed Chtr 1
@KnightofEmpires - Blood & Cinders- Completed Chtr 24
@akaiItachi- Spells- Completed Chtr 15
@CarlaBlack - Ornella’s Fable- Completed Chtr 11
@Shea - Throne of Misery- Completed Chtr 7
@EKShortstories - Cold Creek- Awaiting new

Added Chtr 21 to DOTM and Smear

** DOTM is almost at an end! For those of you that are almost finished, I would love to hear opinions on the pacing. My concern is that the middle, where I give each of the coven members their own chapter is too much, too murdery. Thoughts?

** Also thoughts on keeping momentum going. I know we’ve had some breaks and not everyone is completely caught up. I would like to keep moving forward though. So in 2 weeks when DOTM is done, Just add a chapter each week for Smear. When that is done, move onto Devil’s Highway. I typically remove access when I go in and start doing my 2nd edit. Are ppl usually upset if they don’t get to finish a story? Is that an issue or we just edit what is given each week and you get what you get? lol

1 Like

welcome Norwood!

1 Like

Yes we are still accepting new members, I just ask that you fill out the form in the main post. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will come back and respond to this with more depth. My parents are in town right now so i was just checking in quickly, but if i type too much ill get car sick. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

DesertDesserts

- The Desserts -

User || Book || Chapter # || Email ||

@Vintaginity || Cake Toppers || 2 || vintaginity@gmail.com

@TMinx804 || Daughters Of The Moon || 21 || tminx804@gmail.com

|| Smear || 21 ||tminx804@gmail.com

@akaiItachi || Spells || 16 || choudharyrahil20@gmail.com

@CarlaBlack || Ornella’s Fable || 23 || catcarlablack@gmail.com

@Shea || Throne of Misery || 8 || sheaxrhodes@gmail.com

@Norwood515 || The Reason Jude Exists || 1 || Avanorwood515@gmail.com

- The Deserts -

Please do not send chapters to those on Hiatus unless asked to do so. Members in a catch up status will stay there until asked to be removed or once it has been more than 60 days since their last response. Members on a Not Responsive status will be removed after 3 weeks of being on the hiatus tab, and are welcome to rejoin when they want.

@Halfley || The Vanishing || Not Responsive || 2/27 ||

@KnightofEmpires || Blood & Cinders || Catch up ||

@EKShortstories || Cold Creek || Catch up ||

- Brittani’s Tracking -

@TMinx804 || Daughters Of The Moon || 21 || 21

|| Smear || 21 || 21

@akaiItachi || Spells || 15 || 15

@CarlaBlack || Ornella’s Fable || 20 || 20

@Shea || Throne of Misery || 8 || 8

@Norwood515 || The Reason Jude Exists || 1 || 1

User || Book || Chapters Posted || Last Chapter Read ||

- Comments -

2 Likes

Personally I loved all the chapters, but maybe some chapters between them or more background with the girls? At times it felt like I didn’t ever get a chance to actually know all the characters and if I hadn’t had the list of characters I wouldn’t have remembered half of them. Maybe more lead up to all the murders or something along those lines. Or even cutting down on the characters but this one would be hard for me to do becaue I loved every unique story so much. But at times it could feel like a lot of short stories all inner connected. I really vibe with the story of the girl whose pregnant and her sister, and their escape. I hope we get to see a lot more with them. I should be able to give more feedback once I’ve read the final chaptesr. :slight_smile:

I would be frustrated if I didn’t get to finish a really good story that I was reading. But maybe it could be a remove access and then when someone comes back if they want to continue reading they can get access again? Kind of depends on how you want to run your documents. :slight_smile: I’m horrible at removing access haha. Maybe give everyone a two week buffer after the final chapter has been posted to catch up on any that they haven’t read yet? :slight_smile: I know I’d like to finish all the stories we are currently reading and patiently waiting for those on hiatus to return so I can finish reading those. Once I’m invested it’s hard for me to not finish. XD

1 Like

Great. Will do - just need to decide which of my WIPs is best to exchange.

2 Likes

DOTM- I agree there are a lot of characters. I thought about cutting down the coven but I am stuck on there being 13 members…idk why lol. But you’re right-I can go more in depth with some of the other characters. I definitely have room to expand and there’s no reason I can’t get that word count up with that cast of characters.
OTHER STORIES- I think that’s fair- to leave the stories up for 2 weeks after the last chapter. If anyone wants access to finish, they can always ask. I can announce when I’m going to remove access.

Thanks!

1 Like

I don’t mind moving onto something new. I’ll try to get through what i have of dotm later this week and start on smear!

2 Likes

I want to join!

Name:
Ava Norwood

Book Title:
The Reason Jude Exists

Email:

Note:

• My story is rated mature for sex and drugs. Let me know if that’s not ok for this group.
  • I write in British English so some things that look like typos might not be!
  • There are also some trigger warnings: infertility, mention of suicide.
3 Likes

Hey!
I’m sorry for not being active. I just needed a break and to be honest, I don’t know if I can bring proper constructive feedback to a story. I have never given feedback to a story before. And I thought: “they don’t need my input, not from a novice”. So, yeah… That sort of explains it a bit I guess.

1 Like

No rush! I just wasn’t sure how to go forward. You don’t even have to do Smear unless you really want to. You might just slide into the new one I finished lol. Let me know what you wanna do. If you want to read it, I will leave you on anyway.

1 Like

Don’t ever think that! We’re all novice here as far as I know. I don’t think anyone has signed with an agent

2 Likes

Welcome to the group! I’ll get your story added to the assignment post. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes we are all 100% Novices and not everything needs to be professional feedback. Sometimes just pointing out the phrases you really like is enough. :slight_smile: I’m horrible with grammar and the technicalities of writing, but I can tell you whether I enjoyed something or not. Every set of eyes counts and is helpful. :slight_smile: I understand the need for a break from time to time. Just let me know what you want to do and I’ll adjust things accordingly. :slight_smile:

1 Like

New member has been added to the assignment. Please send documents when available and all give a big welcome to Ava! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Ava! I added you to my document Smear. I write horror and there’s trigger warnings for just about anything- SA, DV, language, nudity, sex , violence. (I don’t think it’s that bad though. I try not to be gratuitous with it)
I look forward to getting yours

1 Like

I think I’ll be setting up an email specifically for this (giving feedback and writing). That way my current email can be freed of email list updates as well as me finding a space to properly give feedback to all of you. As of right now, The Vanishing has close to 10 or 11 chapters. I’ll post them or email them. To the people still interested. But, I’ve also been working on a different story. A Dark Fantasy Romance. So, I will work on the email today, and send the last chapters through the one I currently receive emails on from this group. But I will do my best to start giving feedback!

3 Likes