Desert Desserts - Group Editing

Awe sounds good. Just let me know when you are ready and Ill get you added to the assignment post again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!

I’ve added everyone to my document. Only chapter 1 is up at the moment.

Just so I’m clear, I now need to edit chapter 1 of everyone else’s by Monday?

2 Likes

Yes, one chapter a week. :slight_smile: (if the whole document is there you can do more, but the goal is 1 chapter a week of each story.)

2 Likes

I am too though, so I dont blame you on this. A coven should have 13 members.

1 Like

I’m ready! My new email is authordstevens@gmail.com
I can receive emails for feedback on that one and I will be giving feedback through that one. It sounds really official doesn’t it?

4 Likes

It does it does haha! Glad to have you back. Ill get you added back to the assignment list. Do you want to keep the same story as well. :slight_smile:

No I’m changing it to the new one I’m working on but — I don’t have any chapters yet. So I will use the planning and plotting time to give feedback to the stories that get sent to me.

The new story will be called: Queen of Smoke & Bones.
I’m still planning and plotting it so I won’t have any chapters for the time being, if that’s okay.
If not, or people want to give feedback on my story they can always give feedback on the 11 chapters of The Vanishing.

One more question for the group and then I promise I’ll get on with it!

My style of editing is to comment when I spot issues with:

• Grammar, punctuation, spelling
  • Tenses
  • Sentence structure
  • Dialogue
  • Passive voice
  • Repetitive words
  • Inconsistencies
  • Character development
  • Plot holes
  • etc

So it might sound a bit nit-picky even if I’m enjoying the story! If anyone doesn’t want that kind of editing, let me know and I’ll aim to give more general thoughts/feedback, otherwise I’ll assume the above is what you’re after.

1 Like

I’m here for it haha!

1 Like

Oh a dark romance! I’m all for that too!

Honestly, for me everything is welcomed. New sets of eyes is always helpful in every way, if it’s just a resume of each chapter here and there or a total full blown comment on every line, I really don’t mind at all!
(I’m saying that because I swap with another author and she is emerged in the story and comment on e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. As a example, chapter 5 through chapter 12, I currently have 462 notification to review :joy: )

1 Like

Happy mid week! :v:

@KnightofEmpires B&C - ch 6 completed
@CarlaBlack Ornella’s Fable - ch 7 completed
@TMinx804 DOTM - ch 7 completed
@Vintaginity HC&C - ch 5 completed
@akaiItachi Spells - ch 2 completed

:wolf: I added ch 8 of TOM! :wolf:

Welcome @Norwood515 :wave:
Also, i LOVE me a good dark fantasy romance @Halfley

2 Likes

Really? Okay! I’ll work my ass off to get it planned then!
I got asked some questions by a wonderful writer on Discord, and they’ve really helped. So, I’m going to try and do that today as well!

Yess!
I’m looking forward to sharing this story with you guys even more now! I’m currently “scared” to go really dark. Mainly because I haven’t gone dark with a story yet. But reading a few books and making notes definitely help!

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the lovely welcome. And those who have already looked at my first chapter. I’m enjoying getting stuck in to your stories!

Done:
@TMinx804 - Smear - Ch1
@Shea - Throne of Misery - Ch1

Received, not done yet because…:
@CarlaBlack - Ornella’s Fable - I can’t seem to comment on yours as the document has got too big/too many comments. Is it possible to split it?
@Vintaginity - Cake Toppers - I’ve added one comment at the start with a question for you!

Waiting on book:
@akaiItachi

I’ve based this on the post saying who is active this week, but let me know if I’ve missed anyone.

Received, not yet given feedback:
@CarlaBlack — Ornella’s Fable (reading on my laptop seems to work wonders for getting teary-eyed! Going to read it and write comments down on my phone, if possible.

I’m also turning 27 today so I may be slow with feedback, but I hope to get around to doing some this week!

2 Likes

Happy birthday!

I realised I didn’t add you to my list above. Are you in the exchange this week? I’ve just joined so still figuring things out.

1 Like

Yes, I’m back to being active. My email is: authordstevens@gmail.com
You can send/share the story through that email address. I think @Vintaginity is still working on getting me back on the list, but I’m willing to give feedback starting this week already! I’ll look over your little introduction and what you’re specifically looking for to keep it in my mind.

Also, thank you for the birthday wish!!

2 Likes

@Halfley @Norwood515

I splitted the doc in two, 1 to 10 and 11 to 20. @Vintaginity told me the same thing that she had a hard time reading it, I really don’t know why!

Tell me if it’s readable that way or if I need to shrink it more :wink:

1 Like

Happy birthday!! I hope you had a wonderful day and got to do something special for you. :slight_smile:

Yes! We had a very busy day over here, but will get you added to the assignment post asap. Now that theres more coding. Its frustrating to do from my phone. :see_no_evil: