Desert Desserts - Group Editing

lol Sorry I meant to start DOTM first and Smear just sucked me in hard lol I love Helana! Something about morally grey/ dark characters appeals to me and apparently all of booktock lol we love an intresting villain! I will probably just be finishing it by the time you add the new one. I will read whatever you would like to take presidence for editing. If thats Devil’s Highway will do that one next then. …also, I mean, Mermaids. I will not say no to a sneek peak of that whenever you are ready. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No apologies! It’s no problem at all, I just didn’t want to close access to anyone that really wanted to read something. Like I said, it’s fine if you want to do the mermaid story instead. Or I can send you one of the mermaid scenes to see if it’s creepy enough. I’m hoping the road trip one is creepy too- there’s skinwalkers and a faceless hitchhiker :slight_smile:

Also…yes, I’m finding I like my morally gray characters much better than the good guys! They’re more fun to write. I love me some Helena, she’s a sexy biotch

1 Like

Ohhh mermaids are one of my favorites and im always in. Im excited for when we get to that one.

1 Like

That she is! And sign me up for the Mermaids then! hehe :laughing:

1 Like

@TMinx804 - DOTM completed COMPLETED
@akaiItachi - Spells completed Chapter 1-20 Awaiting 20+
@Halfley - To Catch a Dream completed Awaiting 2+
@Norwood515 - The reason Jude exist 1-8 Awaiting 8+
@Shea - Throne of Misery completed Chapter 1-14 Awaiting 14+

@TMinx804 - Smear completed Chapter 1-16
@Vintaginity - Cake Toppers Chapter 1-5
@KnightofEmpires - Blood and Cinders completed Chapter 1-13
@KnightofEmpires - Midnight Lotus

I read some chapters last week, but I was so sick, I didn’t had the force to comments or give constructive feedback :frowning_face:
There’s a problem with the water in our town, and we didn’t had a notification until TWO WEEKS after the main pump gave up. Me and my daughter, now my husband, caught a nasty bug or infection or whatever this is. I was sick for 10 days, daughter for a week and husband got himself a detox :joy:
So I’ll re-read everything and give a go this week end, with much clearer eyes

3 Likes

That’s terrible. I hope you feel better soon!

1 Like

Ohh, feel better

1 Like

Ohhh no feel better!!! That sucks. >.<

1 Like

DesertDesserts

- The Desserts -

User || Book || Chapter # || Email ||

@Vintaginity || Cake Toppers || 10 || vintaginity@gmail.com

@TMinx804 || Smear || 32 || tminx804@gmail.com

@akaiItachi || Spells || 23 || choudharyrahil20@gmail.com

@CarlaBlack || Ornella’s Fable || 31 || catcarlablack@gmail.com

@Shea || Throne of Misery || 15 || sheaxrhodes@gmail.com

@Norwood515 || The Reason Jude Exists || 9 || Avanorwood515@gmail.com

@Halfley || To Catch A Dream || 2 || authordstevens@gmail.com

@KnightofEmpires || Blood & Cinders || 30 || fairytalefable@gmail.com

- The Deserts -

Please do not send chapters to those on Hiatus unless asked to do so. Members in a catch up status will stay there until asked to be removed or once it has been more than 60 days since their last response. Members on a Not Responsive status will be removed after 3 weeks of being on the hiatus tab, and are welcome to rejoin when they want.

N/A || N/A || N/A ||

- Brittani’s Tracking -

@TMinx804 || Smear || 32 || 32

@akaiItachi || Spells || 22 || 22

@CarlaBlack || Ornella’s Fable || 35 || 35

@Shea || Throne of Misery || 16 || 16

@Norwood515 || The Reason Jude Exists || 10 || 10

@Halfley || To Catch A Dream || 1 || 1

@KnightofEmpires || Wolf & Hood || 19.5 || 19.5

|| Midnight Lotus || 1 || 1

User || Book || Chapters Posted || Last Chapter Read ||

- Comments -

Happy Sunday and Happy Mothers’ day for those who celebrate. (I know for some countries it was last weekend) I have a busy week coming up, but I’m hoping to impress everyone and get everything read again haha. If not this week it’ll be next week. We will see how the next 7 days play out. :slight_smile: Hope everyone is doing well and is feeling better.

2 Likes

DOTM- Completed :slight_smile: , will continue with Smear now.
HC&C - Completed :slight_smile: , which book should I read next??
Thrones of Misery - Completed chapter 5
Ornella’s Fable - Completed chapter 7
Reason why Jude Exists - Completed chapter 3
B&C - Completed Chapter 9

Will start To catch a dream.

Updated until chapter 22 of Spells. Will try to update the next chapter this week.:grin:

2 Likes

@Shea - Throne of Misery completed Chapter 1-14 Awaiting 14+
@Halfley - To Catch a Dream completed Awaiting 2+
@Norwood515 - The reason Jude exist 1-8 Awaiting 8+

This week, I read these:

@TMinx804 - Smear - Read Chapter 17 to 21
@KnightofEmpires - Midnight Lotus - Read Chapter 1

And I’m going to read:

@Vintaginity - Cake Toppers - Chapter 6 +
@akaiItachi - Spells - Chapter 20 to 22
@KnightofEmpires - Blood and Cinders - Chapter 13+

2 Likes

Tiffani

@Vintaginity - Cake Toppers- Completed Chtr 10
@KnightofEmpires - Wolf & Hood- Chtr 1
@akaiItachi- Spells- Completed Chtr 22
@CarlaBlack - Ornella’s Fable- Completed Chtr 20
@Shea - Throne of Misery- Awaiting new
@norwood515- The Reason Jude Exists- Completed Chtr 8
@Halfley - To Catch a Dream- Awaiting new

Smear- added Chtr 32

** If you haven’t started Smear yet, you might want to hold off. In two weeks I am going to start a new book, The Siren’s Lullaby- mermaid horror. It seems to be a popular pick so I decided to change some things around.
One of my favorite horror authors, Ania Ahlborn, is doing a writers workshop in Sept. It would be a dream to get some feedback from her on one of my books, so I am going to use the scary road trip book for that workshop and start editing the mermaid book here.
Around the end of summer I will be done with my supervised hours to finally be a licensed counselor in my state, so her writers workshop is my gift to myself for completing the 3,000 hours of supervision. :slight_smile:
Happy mothers Day to all the mothers of children, furbabies, and the mothers of stories. They’re all things we created and care for!

5 Likes

Hi everyone!

Done:
@Shea - Throne of Misery - Ch7
@KnightofEmpires - Blood & Cinders - Ch8
@Vintaginity - Cake Toppers - Ch8
@TMinx804 - Smear - Ch8
@akaiItachi - Spells - Ch6
@CarlaBlack - Ornella’s Fable - Ch8

Waiting on chapters:
@Halfley - To Catch A Dream - Ch1

I’ve added Chapters 9 & 10 to Jude’s story and will catch up on your comments on Chapter 8 next week.

1 Like

Wow! Congratulations!

And Happy Mother’s Day. In the UK, it was Mother’s Day back in March, but I’m here for it now too.

2 Likes

Hi! I didn’t get a chance to upload last week, I’ll be uploading ch 15 today. I hope everyone had a good weekend (:

@KnightofEmpires B&C - ch 10 completed
@CarlaBlack Ornella - ch 13 completed
@Norwood515 Jude - ch 7 completed
@TMinx804 DOTM - finished -will leave detailed comment this week after I have time to sit down at the computer again!
@Vintaginity HC&C - ch 11 completed
@akaiItachi Spells - ch 4 completed

2 Likes

Just to clarify since i just finished DOTM, I’m waiting for this mermaid book rather than starting in smear? I love mermaids! (:

2 Likes

I think that would be easier to get everyone on track with the new book. I’m starting to go through editing after I finish the mermaid book so I’m closing out the other books for edits.

Ill send you my next book here soon. :slight_smile:

Congrats that is amazing definatly treat yourself! And hope everyone had a wonderful Mothers Day! <3

1 Like