Discovery of Witches but with Squid Girl

I have possibly the dumbest idea. A colossal squid rises from the depths of the ocean in hopes of extending her lifespan. She finds a book of ultimate power and meets vampires, witches, faeries, and a unicycling bear, all who want the book of ultimate power. Along the way she learns about family, identity, and humanity.

I don’t know why I thought of it, but it has stuck around in my brain for too long.

4 Likes

Write it right now! :clap:

I would 100% buy it!

2 Likes

Yes! Thank you!

2 Likes

Np :nootnoot:

1 Like

Okay, so I’m picturing a redemption arc for Ursula from The Little Mermaid. And for some reason my brain is combining this story with the Heavy Metal Adventures of Lucinda. Does your squid girl have to go to Hell to retrieve the magical book?

1 Like

I inked!

1 Like

She might have to fight off some zombies to keep the book safe, though

2 Likes

Well if you’re going for that, you need to make a tome a cheeky version of the Necrinomicon …

Invented by H.P. Lovecraft; possibly from Ancient Greek νεκρός (nekrós, “dead / corpse”), νόμος (nómos, “law”), -ικός (-ikós) or εἰκών (eikṓn, “image”): “An image of the law of the dead”.

Soooo…

paliátsos… buffoon, pantaloon

Paliatsosnomicon?

1 Like

I was just thinking of making it the Codex Seraphianys but that is an even better idea

I like the rediculousness.

1 Like

I was thinking that instead of making it an actual normal squid, she’d be closer to squid girl. With red tentacles instead of blue ones. I also considered that she has 10 kids of her own to look after.

How? She found them drifting in the plankton?

1 Like

Well, she got a blessing to live among the humans from a squid god, and humans look after their kids, and that’s why.

Is it just the duqid god or does it cover Octopuses and Nautiluses?

1 Like

Cephlogod yes

1 Like

Good idea.

Definitely a place to start, and not often used.

1 Like

It would probably happen in Hawaii…the least Dark Academic country.

1 Like

Now I think that she meet Sqod in the waters around Hawaii and surfaces over in a seaside town in New England.