Do you, as writers, have questions to readers?

Idk if this would get enough traction on IG as my Dear Published Authors series (which you should check because I got some really great responses). In case you didn’t know, I asked published authors for tips, tricks, and advice regarding various aspects of publishing (self-pub and trad).

Anyway…

Do you, as writers, have questions to readers? (whether you intend on publishing or not, whether you are already published or not).

3 Likes

What do you REALLY want in a story versus what you THINK you might want?

2 Likes

WHY do you read the biggest load of nonsense and actually enjoy it? :joy:

2 Likes

What’s the most important part of a story to you? The characters, the plot, worldbuilding, something else?

3 Likes

How do you find books to read? Word of mouth? Bestseller lists? Something else?

4 Likes

Damn, @JohnnyTuturro, why you spittin’ facts like that?!

:sweat_smile: :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes. Why do y’all pick the minorest of details to shit on instead of actually just reading the book? :joy:

2 Likes
  1. What do you use to read (ebook, audiobook, physical copy) and why?

2. What is the most you’ve ever spent on a book?

3. Besides covers, titles, and summaries, what would make you not pick up a book (in a genre you’re interested in)?

4. Do you ever venture out of the main genres you mainly pick up? Why or why not?

5. What is your most hated book that you’d burn? What is your most beloved book that you’d consider treasure?

3 Likes

I got some silly questions and some serious questions :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t know if I have enough for a series, but I could still ask :wink:

2 Likes

The plot, maybe? And the background too a bit maybe

1 Like

How many of you find Triumph Laugh Out Loud Funny?