Do you have a favorite snack/treat you can't easily get?

Is there a special snack you can’t easily get (expensive, only available in another country) or you can’t always have (for dietary/other health reasons), but you love so, so much?

For me it’s Cheez-It and Friendly’s ice cream friendwich. I can only get these in the states as far as I know. I was able to bring Cheez-It home, but not the friendwich for obvious reasons. I did eat as many as I could while I was there though :wink: Don’t know when I’ll get another chance.

What are the ones for you?

5 Likes

I think it’d be tacos, bagel and a corndog. I’d love to go to the States and eat those but sadly I don’t have access to em in my country. Actually no, they might be there but there’s something about eating em in the States or so my cousins have said. Otherwise to miss the foods that just disappeared in my country xd For no good reason, you can’t find this one delicious pack of chips anymore and it sucks coz the newer brands aren’t nice at all.

4 Likes

I haven’t had these in years…:eye:

4 Likes

Issac toast, dan bing and omurice.
*these 3 can technically be made at home but it tastes different when you’re eating them at a cafe…

A Taiwan specialty: Kobayashi Lin’s hand made cookies

3 Likes

One is pocky. We have it here in the US, but it’s so freaking expensive. A tiny little box is $5 or so for twenty little sticks. I love the chocolate ones! The other thing is Scottish shortbread cookies. You can get those in the supermarkets here, but again, they’re so freaking expensive for a tiny little box. Those cookies are so good! I’ve tried making them myself, but they never come out quite the same. Easy recipe, though. You just have to remember 1 2 3:

1 part sugar
2 parts butter
3 parts flour

So nummy! (ღ˘ᴗ˘ღ) :heart:

2 Likes

These look like something that Tesco would sell in their World Foods section, or one of those World Foods places in Belfast. If I ever find something similar, I am gonna send you a pic :flushed:. They look nice.

1 Like

Being from a place of excess of shortbread, they’re nothing to write home about.

The treats that I got in Spain. All the churros, and all the Spanish Takis. It makes me wanna go back there again and eat them all.

2 Likes

love these candies called robin eggs,. they’re just candy-coated malt candies that are sort of egg shaped (if the eggs belonged to a lizard) but alas, they’re seasonal.
rescuers-down

3 Likes

I am one of the few people who like candy corn, and I do like candy pumpkins, the much rarer cousin.

2 Likes

candy corn is great! candy pumpkins are even cuter but i think they’re are little too big, the sugar and dye Taste more, if that makes sense.

1 Like

Hm I see. I don’t mind the artificial and natural flavorings.

1 Like

most of the time artificial flavouring/dye doesn’t bother me, but there’s a lot of it in candy corns :sweat_smile: and i think the size of the pumpkins makes it so you can’t just crunch them really fast and not taste that part as much.

1 Like

It’s just difficult to find rum raisin ice cream. It’s not healthy to eat regularly so it’s a good thing I can never find it. lmao

4 Likes

I thought that was a super common flavor everywhere :open_mouth:
It’s not sold at supermarkets?

It ess commonplace until about 2 years back ans now I cant find it every time I walk in. Plus, I only ever found Hagan-das carried it.

2 Likes

Dad… is that you? :wink:

1 Like

Cajuns still drink a lot of rum, though beer is more common for a daily alochol. And we do sweets liek Creme Brule and rum sauce on bread pudding, so this is more me being in-tune with my cultural flavors than me being denture ready.

2 Likes

My Dad likes all that stuff you mentioned too. He would be a good Cajun :joy: !

2 Likes

Your dad likely wouldn’t like denture-ready.

2 Likes

He’s already going that way at 60.

2 Likes