Do you make yourself questions for your own stories and more?

Like not the questions you find online and tweak it a bit, the questions you make up specifically for your story in terms of getting to know your own novel in a better, different way?

Thoughts and feelings?

5 Likes

@TheTigerWriter
@alenatenjo
@MatthewJH
@SecretDurham
@copyedit
@DollyTH
@AMMeyers
@AMayu

Anyone?

Do you mean questions for your characters, like why are you in love with that other character when he’s such a jerk? Or do you mean questions for the audience, like why do people live under volcanoes and over earthquake faults when there are many more safe places on earth to live than unsafe places? Or do you mean some other kind of question entirely? I’m easily confoozled…

¯\_(ﭢ)_/¯

1 Like

Yes and no?

Like for me, in terms of my novels’ world, what are Firstlings and Lesser Children? Why are they different and what do they mean to Alagossia?

And for characters, why does Jorildyn/Renna want her child to take on a hard task?

So…yeah?

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

No worries! I get it now, I think. You mean questions for the author about the plot. Yup, I definitely ask myself stuff like that in order to nail down plot points and make sure everything links together and makes sense. Especially why questions, like why is this character doing this instead of that when doing that would be a shortcut? (And the answer, for me at least, is the avoidance of pain. Everything they do is to avoid pain.)

For instance, maybe the reason Jorildyn/Renna wants her child to take on a hard task is because it will avoid pain later in some way…?

1 Like

Jorildyn wants her child to start a second final war, a rebellion against those who wronged her and the rest of the Merellians. Though there something deeper and far sinister at play.

1 Like

I use to, but not anymore. I just write and see what happens. xD

2 Likes

While writing, yes. Sometimes in the shower or late at night before bed. But not a question and answer sheet :stuck_out_tongue:

I come to you for that :grin:

2 Likes

Aww…I’m so thankful. :blush:

1 Like

Yeah, sometimes I do and other times I don’t.

:notes: All by myself~! :notes:

:face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Yes. I call it “my wall of sticky notes”

1 Like

No index cards?
look at my stack Leave me alone, I will get to you soon, damn!

1 Like

Nope. If I had those, I’d either lose them or they’d blow away. Sticky notes I stick to my bedroom wall, wardrobe, desk and surrounding areas

1 Like

yes, definately, and then abandon them but still answer them without trying :rofl:

1 Like

Lol!

1 Like

I’m a plotter so I guess part of the plotting process would count as asking myself questions?

1 Like

True, true!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.