Even a digital artist STILL needs to understand how to draw by hand, right?!

Yeah

1 Like

Exactly! LOL!

1 Like

Do you draw, by paper and/or digitally?

1 Like

Both

1 Like

Did you see the pictures of the type of art I want/desire to draw?
Pretty complex, huh?

Moving on, can I see some of your work, if you are willing to show?

1 Like

I can draw. Nothing special, but I can draw. This was fone in college, and was a doodle. Only thing edited out was the paper lines and the holes as it was notebook paper.

But this crud takes forever to do. I can edit a photo in less time.

5 Likes

That’s a really cool doodle :open_mouth:

2 Likes

I really dont draw often at all anymore. Ive likely lost ability.

2 Likes

If you want to see what I draw:

you can check this thread and just scroll on down. The ones one the top are “okay” in my opinion. The ones closer to the bottom are more recent and where I’m feeling more confident.

4 Likes

And the bird turtle is still cute.

3 Likes

Depends on what you’re drawing and how you’re drawing it :thinking:

1 Like

Something like these. I want to draw these in a semi-realistic way:

1 Like

i disagree with the whole you need to know how to draw traditionally to draw digitally; is it useful? yeah, absolutely! required? nope. i started drawing when i was 15 or 16; i drew exactly three things on paper, went “hey, this is cool”, got a tablet, was digital ever since. i never draw traditionally. i have no idea how, and i personally have no interest to! just not for me, and that’s ok! I’m fine with just digital, because it’s my hobby and it’s just what i enjoy. so don’t let that stop you, if you don’t want to draw traditionally? who cares! just do digital only! just do whatever makes you happiest!

for reference too if it interests you, i enjoy semi-realism :]

my art

6 Likes

I’m glad you like it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I use my keyboard and mouse to draw, I also had a friend who drew on her phone.

Knowing to draw traditionally is not technically a requirement but it helps because you generally have a basic idea of how to draw something coherent and visualize it even if it isn’t a 1:1 of what you’re envisioning. Because different mediums have different skill sets so… more cartoonish/doodle/abstract art doesn’t really need you to know the basics but it can help elevate if you want to improve.

However, based on OP’s previous comments, semi-realism is based in… well, realism so most artists have a knowledge of anatomy or practice it daily. I like the art style too but I’m kinda content-ish with being a chibi/anime-adjacent artist. The most I can do for semi-realism is a rough traditional sketch.

Honestly, for more complex pieces I tend to sketch traditionally and then do lineart and color digitally because it’s got all the tools I need there.

edit: just a sampler of what I draw: video link

1 Like

@Qualeshia12

You’ve got a reply :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hey, how’s it going?!

2 Likes

I’m still artsing, how about you? :wink:

2 Likes

Just writing. I haven’t drawn anything in over a decade.

1 Like