EXTREME NOVEL WRITING CHALLENGE!!!

Do you think you have what it takes to write an ENTIRE novel in one or two whole weeks?

Not a few days or an entire month, but just one or two full weeks.

However, can you write an entire novel in three days or five?

Whether on a good day or not, are you willing to challenge yourself in that extreme manner?

I am curious about you guys and how crazy you all are in that regard.

4 Likes

Haha, no.

Even when I was super inspired and was writing on average a chapter every day for my first draft of Synthetic: Genesis, I still didnā€™t complete the first draft in less than three or four months.

1 Like

LOL! Yeah, I am not that crazy and I could never!

1 Like

Ana Neu has a video on YouTube about how she wrote a novel in just two weeks during NaNo, but I havenā€™t watched it yet. I plan to once I get a firmer idea for my next book, and then Iā€™ll try it. So far I havenā€™t even been able to write a book in three months like Stephen King does. It takes me at least a year to write a book! (ā™Æ^.^įƒ¦)

2 Likes

Yes, Iā€™ve done it a few times. My most recent project took ~8 days from idea to completion, add an extra 2 days for editing. Currently working on a project which I hope to be completed in ~10 days, I gave myself 13 just for a bit of wiggle room, though. I donā€™t write 250k epics though, if I did, I certainly wouldnā€™t be able to churn them out in 8 days haha.

Iā€™ve also been known to go over 50k in one day for NaNoWriMo, but I wonā€™t consider those ā€œfinished novelsā€ :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Iā€™ll do you one better and write one in a week.

If I was motivated enough, I could do that easily. Just need an idea, and some pointers and off I go. I need to also understand and gel with the characters to do that.

3 Likes

I wrote Mini-Moo in a week amd a half with breaks and had to edit the heck out of it to get it under 40K. I am plenty capable of churning out stuffā€¦

If Iā€™m focused.

4 Likes

You wrote 50k words in a day?

1 Like

Dear god, what kind of awesome monster are you?
I am envious and scared.

Like that is some major willpower or something.
:grin:

2 Likes

Geez, that hyperfocus nature that we both share is a real body killer sometimes. Maybe that might be me.

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes, you could do it. Just not have anything get in your way and it would be right there. Churro is in the same affliction when it comes to writing.

The only difference is I donā€™t have to be passionate about my story.

2 Likes

Yeah and my body hates me for it. Like, I can hear my body screaming and cursing at me by that point.

LOL!

1 Like

PFFFFFFF no

1 Like

LOL!

1 Like

I type about 27 wpm in sprints on my phone. A professional typist of the last century used to get the keys on typewriters jammed from speed typing, until they made the qwerty keyboard. Then it wasnt unknown to type 120 wpm.

50K is possible in 7 hours, at those speeds.

2 Likes

What if @CoffeebyNight types faster than that?
:flushed:

It depends on what the limit isā€¦

Record is 216, current holder is 212, which means 50K is possible in 4 hours.

Mine would be higher if I didnā€™t pause to correct spelling. Not used to this phone.

1 Like

That seems possible.

Mine was really low and is still low. Like twenties and maybe thirties on a good day low.

1 Like

Yea probably. I did 30k in three days after all.

Whether or not itā€™ll be any good is another matter. :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

When you say ā€œwriteā€ thatā€™s just the first draft, right?

Iā€™ve finished a 50k novel in two weeks before for NaNo. So, I know that if I put my mind to it, I can do it.

3 Likes