Fantastic Fantasy - a thread to discuss all things Fantasy

I don’t know how, the moon doesn’t have proper water, only slime.

1 Like

I have come to tell you about the concept album about a gunslinging
vampire outlaw in a very weird wild west.

2 Likes

I would think so

1 Like

It’s more from people writing for games. If you storyboard RPGs you’ll come across that. The Dragonlance series followed it, too… it’s really a MINIMUM of 4 characters.

1 Like

While it is overdone,

That’s Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson at 15. And while my brother’s and cousins were more a swimmer’s build, I was used to slim but ripped boys at 15, while I was stacked…by my 20s, I was overblown.

3 Likes

I could be wrong, but I see urban stuff getting a lot of attention in the YA market. Not so much in adult.

I’m not familiar with the series, but anything counts! Welcome here!

Oooh

AH. I read a gaming fantasy on wattpad a while back, and that’s when I was first introduced to this concept. These are usually roles players choose in a game, right?

1 Like

It is possible, but the athletic build of certain teenagers is exaggerated even more in anime.

Pingu looks like a bodybuilder there.

3 Likes

At 15, Dwayne was playing football. That’s with weights and conditioning even that young. They advise not starting before 14, but both my brothers did light weightlifting before 14. I didn’t, and it shows. Lol

2 Likes

So, as far as muscles go, that is defined by how much lifting you do before certain ages. It’s why bakcksmiths were often massive even when young. It’s also why a young man in full armor would likely be muscled.

Fat is different. That is determined by access to fattening food and that USED to be a luxury of the elite. Now that sugar is plentiful, calorie intake is over 2K, and dietary tools are expensive, the fat percentage of young males is way higher than in previous generations. It’s even taking effect in 3rd world nations.

1 Like

So most teenagers these days look like regular Pingu

2 Likes

Mix. Both extremes suck on anatomy, especially for boys. Girls carry their fat on the outside of the muscle wall and testosterone has a heavy hand in muscle buidling, so we tend to look more squishy.

1 Like

Depends which sport they practice and their body types. As someone who is watching huge amount of junior figure skating, the guys in 16-19 range could be pretty much anything, and that’s in the sport where heavy muscle mass is detrimental even for pair skaters. But yeah, boys could be short and stocky to tall and willowy and everything in between and beyond.

1 Like

Even be bodybuilder Pingu’s level?

1 Like

If you were a dark academia character, how would you feel about looking after baby squid-humans?

This is important

2 Likes

Fingers crossed some of those readers are on WP then and they find my book :raised_hands::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Omg i love only one problem how do they survive the sun.

1 Like

Tbh, I don’t think Pingu level there can be achieved without steroids. But someone like Rylov who was born in 2001 was winning in pairs since 2017 (i.e. 16 yo) and he’d never done actual weight training (just lifting Panfilova a lot, lol). And even trying to keep muscular mass down he was always a big guy early.

1 Like

You have two options: They bury themselves and sleep during the day, or they are resistant to sunlight. They are weakened during the day, but not killed outright.

2 Likes

And for a teenage girl… don’t go further than Trusova. The kid had abs of titanium since age 12 or something.

2 Likes

challenge accepted i’ll be back with a short story

2 Likes