Fantastic Fantasy - a thread to discuss all things Fantasy

Based on the album cover, he also has a zombie horse.

3 Likes

Fantasy q: If you had magic within your fantasy magic system, how would you work within it?

3 Likes

I can finally fufill my dreams of becoming an Odinic Wanderer!

When in doubt, I find it is easiest to rely on what I know, runes and tarot.

1 Like

Oh it would be amazing if I could have the magic from my magic system. There would be nothing limiting me - except my own ability. Because technically the magic in my magic system can be used to do almost anything, but the person can only handle as much as their stamina for handling the magic is. So if someone used to manipulating the magic for about 2 hours suddenly does it for 3 hrs, they will feel sore and drained. 4 hrs - unconsious. 5 - dead, likely.
So I’d make sure to exersice my usage everyday until I was used to manipulating the magic for a lot of time.
Then I could do anything

2 Likes

Ooh, sounds neat. Tell me more :eyes:

1 Like

Ooh but what would you do with that? :eyes:

2 Likes

Runes are magical symbols with multiple meanings. I think of them as magical kanji.

Tarot is symbols on top of symbols on top of symbols. You could just make an entire world based on Tarot.

1 Like

Are they discernible in meaning from their picture?

So Runes combine to form Tarot?

1 Like

Hm…I don’t think so

No, Tarot is based on images. Runes are more like a writing system for spells.

1 Like

Crap that’s deeper than I originally thought lol.

Ahh okok. So each card has its own power/ability?

1 Like

In a way, yes.

1 Like
  1. Probably make my menial chores etc. easier.
  2. Help my mind get focused.
  3. Heal people (like I can only take away their pain, not HEAL them, but I’d do it in a heartbeat, esp for people who are suffering a lot)
  4. I would be able to help prevent pollution - everytime I see larger, visible pollutants, I’d just send it back to the person who causes it until it was gone.
  5. I’d try to end global warming, but I’m unsure if that would work.
  6. I could probably work part-time in law enforcement. Not really my dream job, but it would pay well for someone like me and I’d be doing good for society
2 Likes

I started a new story because I thought that A Court of Thorns and Roses was too slow.

Say what you will about the Overlord Light Novels, but they are very good at making sure that the story never stops moving.

1 Like

Magic in law enforcement sounds scary lol. Does everyone in your world have magic, or only certain people?

2 Likes

Would you rather have a bunch of skeletons keep the peace?

1 Like

Ok but they can’t die which is also intimidating.

1 Like

Well, it saves money

1 Like

I mean they’ll want pay eventually, no? Unless they’re just incapable of thought, which may be the case

1 Like

Yeah, incapable of thought

1 Like

Ahh makes more sense.

Well then who’s to say they get the wrong person?

1 Like