Fantasy/Science-Fiction Questions for your characters!

Four goals, huh?

1 Like

They do all tie together though.

She can’t save Wodeland unless she figures out the secrets and finds out her identity. And she can’t go home unless she saves Wodeland. Presumably, they’ll open the portal for her so she can go back afterwards.

1 Like

Bethany does eventually. It comes out raw at first, so it’s just light that shoots from her hands and busts open holes in the aircraft she’s been kidnapped into, not five minutes after she arrives in Wodeland :stuck_out_tongue:

Not skilled and won’t become skilled. She will later be gifted a sword, but not know how to use it. When she does, she just swings it around, screaming until someone stops her.

Bethany is a people person. She lives to lead and entertain. She’s able to get along with most anyone and get on their good sides, and she knows how to manipulate (for better or worse). But if someone does her wrong over and over, she will not tolerate it at all and even lash out at friends and family.

But she won’t get unnecessarily angry or act out. If someone is useful to her, she will go about the lashing in a calm, manipulative way. Can be scary.

She’s also the kind of girl that is not afraid to word-slap you in the right direction. She will say “You’re wrong. it’s this” or “Why can’t you do the thing? Are you a coward? You should do the thing.” But, that being said, she also knows when is a good time not to say those things. She won’t be unnecessarily strict or mean about it either.

1 Like

Questions? :wink: @anon39043209

1 Like

Yeah, I shall get there eventually.
Sorry, I want to ask them when I am in the right headspace and isn’t distracted.

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

She’s Celeste, Long Hair Beauty at Fieldmoor High. The most popular girl in the entire school.

As Bethany, she’s no one which is how it’s supposed to be.

Our Earth, but a little in the past because the first New Soleil book I wrote was in 2013, so there’s a bit of 2013-ness about some of the things. Not much because I don’t want my story to be dated. New Soleil is the fictional state near California.

Bethany’s not one to care about politics yet.

1 Like

Later on today, I shall take these questions I’ve made for you guys and ask them for the Red Reign story’s characters

Like the main, supporting, and maybe minor characters.

Ah, finally, time to answer these! I’ll do them for Johnna Ravenna, one of the MCs of Magpie Black.

• Keep her loved ones safe
  • Complete her armour
  • Graduate and become a full-fledged, um, monster hunter ig
  • Use the monster hunting degree to help magic researchers

Internally she’s a very high-energy adrenaline seeker, she needs to constantly be doing things that excite her so naturally she picked a career path that would give her that. She’s also fiercely loyal, and has seen how cruel the world can be, thus the need to protect her inner circle (that’s kind of internal and external).

Externally she needs to complete her armour because it’s a tradition in her culture as a rite of passage. Young warrior make their own armour, stitching the adventures and lessons they learned while they were making it into the leather so that it becomes the story of how they passed from childhood to adulthood.

She’s very extraverted, so she always works with friends and family!

Johnna views the world itself as enchanting. There are wonders in the physical attributes of any place, other people’s cultures are interesting to learn about and observe, there’s plenty of adventure and danger to be had. She loves meeting people and learning new things.

On the other hand, she’s acutely aware of the discrimination that exists. Her best friend comes from a poor country that only recently gained its independence and is looked down on by the other country it shares landmass with for being “inferior”. And her adopted brother was born with a type of magic that is deeply feared and hated and not so long ago suffered an attempted genocide.

So, she would like that to change. Thus the interest in aiding magic researchers.

She can’t do everything.

Johnna doesn’t really mean anything. At one point it was short for Johanna but idk if i can work into the story anymore and tbh it’s not a big enough detail to matter. Ravenna wasn’t originally tied to anything in the story, but now it relates to the series title “The Raven Unkindness” (a flock of ravens is called an unkindness). And the second book title “Raven Blue”.

Yes! Johnna has Slayer magic which basically means she has more sensitive senses, is slightly faster/stronger/sturdier than non-Slayers, heals a little faster. She can also sense energies (monster auras, magic auras, animal auras ect.) so with practice she would be able to track very effectively.

She’s just a baby so she can’t track yet, thus: school. Slayers make excellent hunters/monster hunters/bounty hunters.

She uses regular weapons. Her weapon of choice is a kyoketsu-shoge, which is a long chain with a double-edge blade on one end and a weight on the other. She also always carries a dagger that is part of a matching set (her brother has the other).

She’s extremely close with her inner circle, that is, family and friends, and would do anything for them. Her relationship with her parents is healthy, she was a rebellious teenager but most Slayer children are and both her parents are Slayers as well. She’s closest with her brother, who she’s extremely protective of and trusts with her life.

As far as friends goes, she makes friends very easily and habitually adopts people with Struggles ™ into her group. Her constant need to run toward adventure (read: danger) with moderate disregard of rules makes her a handful but she’ll be your best friend if you put up with her.

Nah , not yet

Both. There are no cars or planes or TVs or radios or plastic. But there are firearms and highly advanced biotech like prosthetic hands that can move like real hands and spinal hardware that can cure paralysis.

She personally hates the laws against Nightshade magic.

Pretty positive! She’s definitely an optimist, or at least an If-i-headbutt-it-hard-enough-it-will-do-what-i-want-it-to-do-ist.

She is a female woods elf from Constantine (a central country home to both woods and plains elves).

1 Like

I shall come to your comment later.

I got things to do, and if I prolong my distractions, I will lose my already scattered marbles!

1 Like

Might as well do this for a second character while I’m here :joy: So let’s do it for Xix this time

• To not claim her father’s throne (failed)
  • To not claim the her family’s power (failed)
  • To improve life for her people
  • To help keep Balance in her own way
  • To stop the tragedies of the past from happening again
  • To improve herself

First it was the safety of her people, then it was her best friend, and after that it’s been the state of the world Xix now rules

Normally Xix travels with her best friend Ema

The world is screwed and if someone can leave it a little better than it was when they came into it, then they’ve done good.
She mostly wants to restore her family’s reputation and help better her world for her people

She originally didn’t believe her enemies could do good like how she thought her family could do bad. Then things happens that changed her mind. After that, she’s been skeptical of most things

‘Xix’ is the word for ‘Dusk’ in the Old Language. Haven’t really decided if it has a meaning beyond that yet

• Yes
  • Technically she’s the same rank as her sister Amneris but Xix’s power is significantly weaker all things considered
  • It’s one of the three ultimate powers that have influence over all of Creation, not just individual areas

Definitely magical. I haven’t really decided what Xix’s weapon of choice is just yet but I’ll have to think of something soon :joy:

Most people are scared of her because of her family’s history. Xix gets along pretty well with her new family and friends though

Yes. Xix (or ‘Nightblade’ as she was known back then) was responsible for the Rebel escape from the Terpolite Mines. Made quite a name for herself doing that. Then she became Queen and shut down the Mines

Well beyond

I mean, she is the authority. She does have a bit of a grudge against the Patron God of her world but they seem to be sorting things out

It sucks but there’s no harm in trying to improve it

Terpolite, Lyriumian, Fae
Female

At the moment, she’s got interesting…goals. One goal is becoming a fashion designer, but also stopping the war against shadows, and then some sprinkled goals of training and embracing more of being an Immortal Hunter.

Well, um, her life. :rofl: If she doesnt train and fight, she ends up dead and she doesnt want to die. Also the feelings are conflicting at the moment but two guys that she had fell for and watched die are back…in other words. And shes got that mess to sort so she needs to stay alive for that.

She’s working with the enemy (once a lover) and a group of friends. They do a little roadtripping.

Her view of the world is a little all over rhe place. But she was raised differently that her people so she sees the world as less black and white and a lot more gray. She wants to change it and help people get along and judge each other based on actions and not based on their genes or what species they happen to be.

She refuses to believe that she’s suppose to mercilessly murder Immortals for the good of mankind. She refuses to use her abilities that way.

Honestly i just picked a name i really liked. Mya. Her last name is actually the same as mine but spelled differently. Because why not? Mya Simons.

So Mya is actually an Immortal Hunter. She was born with special, superhuman abilities that aid her in hunting and killing Immortals (vampires, fallen angels, werewolves, etc.) She’s currently not skilled because she wasnt raised as a hunter and thus, she is training endlessly to hone her skills. She wants to be able to fight and defend herself. However, each hunter gets a special ability that separates them from the rest, one that helps them recognize Immortals from humans. Hers is that she can smell them. Each creature has a different scent. Shadows smell like cigarette smoke for example. Fallen angels smell like burning ash.

She’s getting skilled with using a dagger. It’s actually a special dagger, made with a specific metal coated in a fine liquid that can kill Immortals when its plunged into their body.

Her best friend, at the start, is not so…supportive. so that relationship falls apart fast. However she’s close with her mom and becoming closer with her friends. She doesnt trust strangers so much.

Yes. She’s actually well-known as the hunter who wasnt raised that way and thus, the Immortals are trying to kill her since she’s easy. She doesnt have a nickname. She’s just Mya. Although Eli ends up calling her Little Hunter throughout.

Its about the same.

She’s probably a little iffy towards it, mostly because the way the system works. Hunters and Immortals cant be friends…

She believes people should choose their own path and not be told what to do, who they can or cant love and so forth. She thinks life sucks right now. She wants to make it right.

She’s an Immortal Hunter, female, and…well, thats it. She’s human, but superhuman with magic basically. She can run fast, use more strength, and her 5 senses are heightened.

2 Likes

I shall return much later to answer this for myself.
I have some characters that I can try to understand better.

I will come back in some hours. Your girl needs to sleep.

1 Like

It depends. At first, Damien’s goal was as simple as getting stronger to prove himself, due to being deemed weak because he couldn’t use magic as effectively as most folks. That path of strength soon became for the purpose of killing the guy who kidnapped his childhood friend. However, as time passed and he bore witness to both the good and bad sides of the world, facing betrayal and trickery, his worldview was shattered and he simply wanted no part in the “game” being played. Although, he does want to kill the people who ruined his life/betrayed him. Eventually, a “kill the usurper god” goal comes around to put an end to the constant battles between order and chaos.

Once to prove himself, then shifts to revenge.

Sometimes alone, other with companions.

Fairly negative, even at the start. People are killed every day by supernatural monsters, villages are destroyed, and some humans aren’t much better than the monsters they fight. Eventually, Damien comes to a conclusion that the current world’s far too broken to repair.

It’s just there. The surname he adds onto himself was simply the name given to him when he was a fighter in an underground arena to repay a debt to a guy who aimed to break his humanity and make him a pawn.

While Damian can use magic, his magical affinity with all the prime elements is abysmal. He can hardly even make a simple fireball half the time. Because of this, despite his primary specialty being lightning magic, he wasn’t able to learn the full scope of the kit his teacher is capable of. He primarily uses it for movement, as he fights with a sword and gun, but he can unleash a powerful attack…but he can’t use it constantly.

Magic weapons don’t work with Damien due to his unstable mana flow. They would break if he tried. His primary weapons of choice are a broadsword and a gun that once belonged to his dad, but was passed onto him. The gun itself is an older model, but is capable of firing off elemental rounds to make up for his…lacking magical potential.

It varies. After a certain incident, Damien became a lot less accepting of friendship. The relationship with people some might consider friends varies, but he tends to be the straight man in other people’s weirdness. As much as he calls his dad an idiot and how all he’s good at is fighting, he respects him a great deal, even though the man had a nasty habit of lying to his son. Him and his mother, however, despise each other. There was only one day ever she actually acted like a mother should, but she had eventually abandoned him and his dad.

In the underground, Damien gained the name Kresnik, as a tie to the legendary Lance of Kresnik, who’s owner is unknown.

While there is a country to the east where technology is higher up than where he lives, generally, the technology is slightly above that of Earth, even when you account magic in the mix.

While he has no issues with the king running the country, Damien cares little for the nobility and their rules. Same goes for the military.

Negative. To him, the humans of the world are beings of chaos, who kill and destroy recklessly, yet point the blame at others. He believes there’s no saving them, but over time, understands that humans are both order and chaos, but the situation involving the battle between order and chaos has pushed humans to fall down the bottomless pit laid out before them into chaos.

Originally, Damien was human. After a near death experience where he lost a lot of blood, his teacher transplanted the blood of the creature she had killed into him, which had the negative effect of corrupting his human blood and making him into a monster. While he maintains a human appearance, his body has been forever corrupted, with no way of becoming truly human again. While this came with a boost to his strength, it also came with side effects. He can’t taste anything that isn’t meat or fish, he has an insatiable desire to fight and kill strong opponents, and if he’s in critical condition, the power of the creature’s blood will overtake his mind temporarily.

1 Like