Figuring out things for the fifth final novel project called Project Alagossia!

The whole thing in regards to Project Alagossia is a combination of the things in Project Quartet.

From the world building, lore, characters and their backstories, the plot, and more. I have to write bullet points for each of the Project Quartet stories to combine it into one lengthy novel series.

I do think it is time to do that.
That will take time and I can only hope to not hyperfixate on the whole thing. I can be obsessed over the process that writing can stop.

I believe Project Alagossia is where my world-building, complex magic system, and the heavy lore can GENUINELY shine in the midst of the story’s plot and characters, the way I wanted it to.

So, I have to pause on Project Quartet for a bit, to do some jotting in my notebooks to understand what Project Alagossia needs and wants.

This is going to be a long series, I feel a five to nine book series with some side novellas. That could be some sadistic wishful thinking or I am delusional as hell, but either way I need to strive to focus on one epic novel series.

Working on four novels set in the same timeline, but all four are their own thing, is very confusing and challenging. I keep forgetting and making stuff shit that don’t fit.

So, Project Breaker, Project Succession, Project Merellien, and Project Dynasty will combine to in single epic novel series. That will take time and my mental health will do everything to limit me and annoy me.

I am going to just accept that, because it is just a part of me. Yet I won’t give up on this story. What happens after the first draft of book one? Who knows, yet I might consider a self-publishing route. Actually I will choose self-publishing! That is all I have to say on Project Alagossia.

Thoughts and feelings?

3 Likes

@AMMeyers
@Akje
@TheTigerWriter
@NotARussianBot
@NatilladeCoco
@JojoDahlia
@JohnnyTuturro
@SecretDurham
@J.L.O
@alenatenjo

Just wanted to mention this, but don’t know why I keep pestering you guys about these kinds of things. I suppose I enjoy the feedback and some type of support, since I lack it offline.

Food for thought!

2 Likes

I’m just glad to see you this far along.

4 Likes

Thanks! I am also surprised in a way!

1 Like

Sounds like a good plan! Series fiction often does VERY well in self-publishing, so I wish you the best of luck with it. ( ˆ◡ˆ)۶ ٩(˘◡˘ )

2 Likes

Thank you!

Quick question/advice: Should I print out the papers for the two projects out of my Project Quartet first draft to gather notes from? I mainly mean, Project Merellien and Project Succession?

Thoughts and feelings?

2 Likes

Sure! It always helps to have a physical copy to work from. ヽ(^。^)丿

1 Like

Thanks.

I am still worried because it is a lot of paper, even with the front to back printer option, but this is going to help with Project Alagossia.

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Sounds like you’re doing well!

2 Likes

Thanks a bunch!

1 Like

There’s only two ways this story can go in greater, deeper hindsight!

Option 1: A family and friend drama of epic proportions goes on while the reason for the violent drama is watching from a safe distance , but is unaware that they are being watched by something who wants to believe this is all a terrible dream.

Option 2: A person’s problems and many other issues take on personifications thus causing turmoil and inner conflict with strangers that are deeply connected to the person in a way, while the person watches from a safe distance thinking to themselves “At some point I have to step in and do something, right?”, even when things go from bad to worst to horrifyingly awful.

I like both options, but the second one is WAY better to me.

1 Like