Foods that you've never tasted before and when you tried it...you liked/loved it!

Which food have you never tasted before and the moment you’ve tried it…you enjoyed the taste?

I never had zucchini noodles before and I made spaghetti with zucchini noodles and ground chicken and of course tomato sauce.

The point is that I never had zucchini noodles in replace of regular spaghetti noodles. It was so good and I will try it again.

What about you? What food have you never tried and once you tried it you come to like it?

Go on tell me!
I really wanna know!

1 Like

dried seaweed

1 Like

I’ve actually never had feta before until about a week ago, but it tasted great

1 Like

feta… not for me but glad you enjoyed it. :cheese:

1 Like

Probably the biggest thing that sticks with me is a 7 layer burrito. I was grossed out by the idea of adding rice to a burrito, to where I refused to eat it without my father forcing me to.

I learned from that, that I can eat pretty much anything and enjoy it.

2 Likes

Do drinks count? I tried vanilla coke recently and loved it!

1 Like

Ummm, a lot :joy: salmon sashimi (and raw salmon in general) comes to mind. I personally hate seafood but raw salmon is the extremely rare exception. That one I liked immediately. Other foods I immediately liked include chicken katsu, chawan mushi, Chili’s chicken crispers, ramen, indomie mi soto… the list goes on.

I think a lot of the foods we like now are ones that we liked immediately, so if we were to list all of them we’d be here forever :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ratatouille. Doesn’t look as yummy in real life as it does in the movie, but it was delicious.
Sushi was also a huge surprise, as I despise fish. Mostly eat vegetarian rolls, though, so I don’t know how genuine putting this here is.

Generally, I have a good idea of what makes my pallet happy. I’m also not adventurous. I’ve ordered the same food items from the same restaurants since I was about eight. I really love food, so going out on a limb on something I’m not sure I’ll like isn’t an appeasing option. Going for something I know I’ll like is the way for me

1 Like

I had Shwarma do this to me a while back. Now I like this quite a bit.

1 Like

Shrimp tacos. I love shrimp, I love tacos, but I didn’t really think they would go well together. Until I tried it at a restaurant. They made it super cheesy, too. It was phenomenal! I even made my own where it was similar to them and it tasted almost like it! c:

The same goes for street tacos (or well, authentic carne asada/al pastor tacos). I’ve only ever had “white people” tacos (you know, ones with ground beef, shredded cheese, lettuce, and sour cream), but my sister took me to a restaurant to try them and now I can’t go back to ground beef ones. SO DELICIOUS!

1 Like