For the people who sometimes like to waste their time on YouTube, what do you normally watch?

True crime videos, cooking videos, make up tutorials (I find them so fascinating), ghosty-cryptid- spooky stuff, Ted talks, vlogs/ people doing random experimentative shite, social commentary stuff, stuff on anime, and of course also music…

Now that I think about it, I’m not really active in any book areas online. I still find the idea of ‘bookfluencers’ really odd just because of how subjective/personal the reading experience is… I don’t really trust recommendations unless they’re from someone who knows me very well; the few times that I tried reading books because of booktwt or other online book spaces, I’ve been really let down to be honest. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I watch too much YouTube, but it’s the ONLY way I can get in touch with my American culture side.

• Makeup artists (I don’t watch the problematic ones. In fact I only mainly watch two people.)
  • Got Talent (while acknowledging the showy-ness of “reality” TV)
  • Artsy videos, but they have to be calming or funny or both
  • Long essay videos talking about social topics (but they have to be entertaining. In fact, I’ve been watching a lot of long essay videos recently.)
  • Bailey Sarian
  • Marcin, the awesome, fantastic guitarist
  • Music artists sometimes
  • Insider and GMA sometimes
  • The Dodo sometimes
  • And sometimes some popular Japanese YouTubers
  • Recently a lot of the Depp x Heard trials (curiosity and to get some ideas for characters)
  • Random stuff recommended to me
  • Sometimes MasterChef type cooking competition stuff
  • Sierra Schultzzie sometimes
  • Safiya Nygaard sometimes
  • Spilly (yes, drama channel, but I don’t watch her stuff all the time because it’s too exhausting, and mostly out of curiosity and for character inspiration)

I do like vlogs, but I can’t watch long ones or ones where they are walking around because I get motion sickness. Sometimes I do.

2 Likes

Oops, I forgot Titanic: Honor and Glory where they’re building a virtual version of the entire Titanic. ヽ(^。^)丿

Me too, girl, me too!!! LOL!

So do I…

1 Like

Alexa Donne is my favourite authortuber for all the industry information she gives. I also watch Kate Cavenaugh sometimes, but never got into her content as much.
There’s also Quotidian Writer - Diane Callahan and Liselle Samsbury on my usual authortube watch list (I may have gotten the spellings wrong-)

2 Likes

Everything lmao. I mainly watch clips of TV shows and listen to music on YouTube

2 Likes

Late to the party but mine:

• educational/science stuff (e.g. vsauce, veritasium)
  • urban or cave exploration (the proper people, actionadventuretwins)
  • figure skating & gymnastics
  • the occasional video essay about movies/TV/life
  • gamers/entertaining personalities
  • travel to strange places
  • music videos
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.