Free Book Covers Here!! Limited time offer! CFCU

Hello I’m Phoenix. I’m a cover artist who has lost inspiration and motivation ever since the publishing house that I worked for more than a year has closed. :pensive: I’m jobless at the moment but that is not the biggest issue. The biggest issue is that I feel a need to create and I can’t gather the strength to do it. Think of it as writer’s block but in digital Illustration.
So…I wanted to create this thread to offer my services for free to some of you that may like my style. So feel free to post your request here😊 I won’t be charging anything and I’ll make a real cover for your story. It may be a full book cover if your book is already finished or an ebook cover if it’s a work in progress.

I offer:

Ebook cover + back and spine (if applicable)
Files: .pngs and .pdf for printing
Realistic 3D mock-up
Instagram or Facebook post for advertising
Style: illustrated (may be a complex illu or simple vector tracing) or Photoshop cover (I may use AI images too if you wish to replace stock media)

My only requirement is to credit me when you use the cover, specially on social platforms

Here is a sample of my work and at the end of this post you will find the details I need from you in order to start.

Request Form:

Author name: (not username pleezz)
User name on Wattpad:
Book Title:
Genre:
General Description: describe the story and the elements you want to include on the cover)
Colour palette: (if any in particular)
If completed:
Word Count
Official blurb for the back
Preferred style: photoshop or illustrated
Email for contact

And that’s it…As optional payment you may follow me on IG as @mariipascual, on Wattpad as @PhoenixKing98 and share my work. Just a way to help me grow!!

5 Likes

hello! your work is gorgeous! i was wondering if you can do series covers (either duology or trilogy)? the covers only, no need for a back or spine?

1 Like

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: yes, as long as I can start with the first book

1 Like

gotcha! this is a request for a trilogy, hope it’s okay. <3

book 1

author name: Mirai Kynar
wattpad username: eloquyx
book title: What Red Roses Wreathe
subtitle: Book 1 of the Rose Courts
genre: paranormal fantasy
general description: the story follows two MC’s, each with hugely differing values who have to figure out the curse their ancestors brought onto the land. to battle the curse, they must combine forces and wits. features lots of political and court intrigue, and heavy themes. there’s lots of magical creatures (witches, vampires, warlocks, werewolves, faerie) and crossbreeds.

cover ideas — text-based. a background of palace spires against a black night sky. a border of thorn vines and (gold-edged) red roses all around, with vines stretching to the center to intertwine with the title (silver with whitish flares, perhaps?). intricate, wispy detailing.

colour palette: silver, whites, blood reds and golds (accenting)
completed: not yet
word count: -
official blurb:

THE SHADOWS ARE WHISPERING.

There was dawn, there was dusk, and then there was twilight; three twisted kingdoms risen from ashes. But as the moon-water ocean turns to midnight ink, creatures being to drop dead, the moons of the land begin to split, and no one dares to breathe the truth.

“MAKE THE MISTAKE OF TRUSTING ME.”

First in line to a wicked throne, Lunar Aiohfe hides wit and cunning behind the sugar-woven smile of a courtier’s mask. But as the throne beneath her begins to crumble, and her own blood defies her, she must set aside all illusions she holds for power for the chance of help from a spited prince.

“THERE IS, AND WILL BE, ONLY ME.”

Despised for his inability to summon the sworn creatures that his ancestors enslaved, Solar Laiysren is forced to make himself a tyrant in the eyes of his people. But when a princess comes knocking at his door with terrifying news of a trickling darkness and an offer even more dangerous, he must choose between being a dead king, or a living god.

“I ALONE AM THE HONOURED ONE.”

The oracle had woven his protective magic into the earth, but as his essence fades the twisted power in his bones begins to run rampant, tearing down the land and feeding into the wake of an ancient curse. As a eons-old vengeance seeps out into the kingdoms, both heirs must decide whether to let live, or to let burn.

SOON THEY WILL BLEED.

preferred style: illustrated (complex)
email: eloquyx@gmail.com

book 2

book title: What Fallen Roses Wreathe
subtitle: Book 2 of the Rose Courts
general description: about the story, one MC descends into madness, and the other one becomes the villain. both are still in love, but stand for very different principles, and one must die for the kingdoms to move forward.

cover ideas — text-based. a background of palace spires against a black night sky. a border of thorn vines and (gold-edged) wilting/ red roses with their petals falling off all around, with vines stretching to the center to intertwine with the title (silver with whitish flares, perhaps?). intricate, wispy detailing.

official blurb: -

book 3

book title: What Dead Roses Wreathe
subtitle: Book 3 of the Rose Courts
general description: about the story, the third story follows the MC and the original villain mastermind in their war to claim the kingdom they’ve been promised. major character death here.

cover ideas — text-based. a background of palace spires against a black night sky. a border of thorn vines and (gold-edged) dead/jet black roses with their petals falling off all around, with vines stretching to the center to intertwine with the title (silver with whitish flares, perhaps?). intricate, wispy detailing.

official blurb: -

the ideas for each are pretty similar because series heh but yeah this is all. thank you so much if you accept! <3

1 Like

Hi, I’ve been looking to get a new cover for a while, I sort of like the old one, but people keep complaining about it, so this seems like a great offer :smile:

Author: Nick East
Username: @NickfEast
Title: The Last Philosopher
Genre: Fantasy/Attempted comedy
Description: The Last Philosopher is a satirical high-fantasy story with heavy-handed attempts at humour. It revolves around the world of Huom and some of its quirkier inhabitants.
I feel it is charcter driven so if some of the characters could be included that would be great. Other than that the most important elements are fantasy, humour, and thinking about thinking (A.K.A Philosophy) :grin: Especially if the humour could somehow shine through on the cover that would be awesome.
Colour palette: I don’t really know about that stuff so it’s probably better if you decide?
Not completed, I’m editing, but I have a completed draft of about 115K words.
Blurb:
Before everything, it’s assumed there was nothing, but what if there was no real difference between the two? Just two extreme philosophies from the original conflict.

The planet Huom has been under observation for longer than should technically be possible. The primary watcher, a bitter black-hole, is excited to see that there is finally a proverbial Darkness at the end of the tunnel.

Meanwhile on the planet, in the freezing mountains of Empris, Lyeasrakardsul, the oldest living sorcerer suffers from devastating nightmares. At the same time — far away in the sandstone desert of Zenon — Herschel, a man filled to the brim with strange ideas is escaping a prison filled with strange old men.

What does all this have to do with arsehole Gods, hairy Dwarfs, frustrated Afreets, curious Knomes, lizard-women, and nude Áettar? Perhaps Nothing, perhaps Everything… but why can’t it be both?

Style: Illustrated
E-mail: author.nick.east@gmail.com

Also, thanks and sorry :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Omg hiiiiiiiiii!!! Lovely to see you back :heart_eyes:

If you’re not too busy, I would like to request a Wattpad cover, so no spine, maybe a back cover if you have the time. I could share it on Instagram :thinking: Whatever works for you!

Author name: Maria Killjoy

User name on Wattpad: alcoholandcaffeine

Book Title: The Spying Cat

Genre: Historical fiction/mystery/romance

General Description: This is a tale of a spunky Victorian girl attempting to become a spy, but also her own woman in a world where her worth does not belong to her. There’s a dashing suitor, too, naturally. Her name is Catriona, nicknamed Kitty, hence the ‘cat’ in the title. To evoke the historical aspects, maybe a woman’s figure/silhouette in a gown, and a sneaky cat? There are a couple references to Kitty grinning/being mad like the Cheshire Cat.

Here’s a link to a dress that inspired her big outfit moment in the story:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqLTRiIpGtx/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Not sure if the velvet is black or dark green, I described it as green to match Kitty’s eyes. She also wears pearls in her hair.

Like this original owner of the dress.

Also, the story takes place mostly in 1894 London, if that helps.

Colour palette: maybe dark green or purple, golden, black?

If completed: almost - need to finish it for the ONC this weekend.

Word Count: ~40k

Official blurb for the back:

Blurb

It’s 1893, and eighteen-year-old Catriona “Kitty” Thackery is bored out of her mind at the countryside parsonage she was raised in. All eleven of her cousins have grown up and moved out, leaving her without an outlet for her youngest-child mischief. Until cousin Joey returns from America alongside his dashing benefactor, Mr Benedict Hawkins.

Educated at Eton, then at Harvard, the half-American Mr Hawkins is a worldly businessman and an only child, fascinated with the affectionate workings of the Thackery clan. He is warmly welcomed in their midst, and his exciting influence persuades the Thackery matriarch to break tradition and allow Kitty her London debut.

In London, Detective Inspector Tobias Thackery has made a spy network out of his family in an attempt to locate his runaway sister, who may or may not be involved with anarchists. Kitty ingratiates herself into this scheme, her sense of adventure stifled by polite society. The risks are real, and more personal than she expects, but on her quest to self-fulfilment, she begins to enjoy the dangers.

Preferred style: I think illustrated :grin:

Email for contact: alcoholandcaffeine@gmail.com

Following you on both already, lemme know if I can do anything else! :blush:

1 Like

Sounds really good I’ll start working on the first book and see if you like it. Then we can keep the same style for the other two :v:t5:

1 Like

Hehehe okay I’ll take it. Maybe you can upload your current cover and tell me what you like the most about it.

Heyyy glad to see you’re still an active writer :smiling_face: sure I’ll make you a cover. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’ll contact you if I need extra details. And it will take me some time to catch up. So be patient

1 Like

Of course, thank you so much!!! Absolutely no rush :hugs:

1 Like

i’m glad you think so! <3 and gotcha, thank you so much!

1 Like

Sure, here’s the current cover, I like the colours and the scene does fit with one specific scene in the story, But the feeling of the cover perhaps doesn’t fit the theme of the story :smile:

Maybe we can try to replicate the scene and the colour palette and change typography etc

I suppose, but this scene where one of the characters is escaping a prison perhaps doesn’t fit that great with the overall humouristic theme of the story.
Although, it’s not all humour, so it’s not terrible. As I said earlier, I kind of like it but other people seem not to :stuck_out_tongue:
However, if possible I would like to see more of the characters…

Author name: A.J. Morgan
Username on Wattpad: A131313
Book Title: Beautiful Beast
Genre: Fantasy, werewolf
General Description: The story is based on a young man that is blamed for the murder of a witch’s lover. She turns him into a beast (werewolf) and scatters his kin and people of his kingdom throughout the forest as wild animals.
Colour palette: Dark, red, black, gold, etc.
If completed: No.
Preferred style: photoshop or illustrated; either would work, I think photoshop would work better with this type of story though.
Email for contact: storieswithaj@gmail.com

If you need more info please let me know. Thanks for taking a look!