God-slaying...human?

Wouldn’t that just be romance fantasy or something close to it though?

1 Like

Why does it have to be fantasy, and set in some made-up realm with made-up lands when it can just be a man overcoming his demons, and trying to find peace with his mental illness in the real world? And conquering them, to get the girl for example. Or it could be a woman fighting her demons to get the guy, or it could even be two guys, or two girls, etc.

2 Likes

Logistics. Some stories cover that by yhe godslayer taking on the god’s powers.

2 Likes

Thinking now, it would be interesting to read a story with such an unbalanced enemy.

I feel like Berserk does this pretty well. Guts, despite his enhanced fighting skills, is a human and the villain is a god being who at the end of the day is far more powerful than him.

Seeing that kind of struggle, the climb out of despair, the fight against all odds is very entertaining and definitely (imo) a more character-driven story than a plot-driven one, as I feel like the only way you’d be able to balance a hero vs. such a foe would be for the hero to excel in some way, either through cleverness or brute force, without making them a perfect character.

2 Likes

True.

I just wouldn’t think that far or about that possibility at all.

Sorry.

I would find it more believesble if the story starts with the failure of another human who is just as frail–onw mistake and the god has them–either to desthbor something far more nefarious (control), perhaps make it the sub boss to beat: a controlled former destined hero.

2 Likes

Did anyone else find my scenario a little funny?
Anyway, anyone got more to say to this?

1 Like

Its a bit moee realistic than people fantasy with, for some reason. Not wrong.

1 Like

:rofl: