Hamilton Critiques

Who Am I?

I’m Rue Jay, a critic here to give critiques on your books. For background knowledge, I won 4th Place (an Honorable Mention) for an opinion piece I wrote in 2018 about mandating American Sign Language at my high school. I won the award in 2019. I was an editor for two years in the opinion section of a school magazine, and I was a co-editor-in-chief for the last year of high school. I’m a bit of a grammar freak, but I’m very good at giving constructive criticism in the writing world (and by that, I mean I will tell you your strengths and areas that could improve). In 2018, I also was longlisted for the Wattys.

What Will I Read?

I will read fantasy of all subgenres, science-fiction as long as it’s not hard science-fiction, paranormal, teen fiction, drama, LGBT+, and romance. I also accept Mature books.

Payment

I will critique as many chapters as you want; all I want in return is feedback on one chapter (not the introduction page or anything not considered a chapter) of one of three books that I have posted:

Red as Blood
The Ballad of Captain Irene
Shattered Stars

What Do I Critique On?

I critique grammar, diction, characters, and dialogue.

What Now?

If you’re interested, just drop the link to your book, say what genre it is, and how many chapters you want to be critiqued.

2 Likes

Sorry—the phrasing on your requirements is a bit confusing, do you accept LGBTQ stories or no?

1 Like

I do. Why wouldn’t I? I’m LGBTQ myself.

1 Like

I figured!! This sentence just threw me off a bit :sweat_smile: and wanted to double-check before potentially asking for a critique

2 Likes

I already took a look at The Ballad of Captain Irene, and I’d love it if you could take a look at my literary fiction novel You Must Remember This: You Must Remember This - Franklin Barnes - Wattpad. Feel free to critique as many chapters as you want—the more the better!

2 Likes

Do you criticize books written in google docs? I used to write on Wattpad, but now I am looking to self-publish a book of my own. If you’re interested let me know and I’ll send you a message with the link to the document.

2 Likes

Yes, I do.

1 Like

I’ll start it tomorrow. Thank you for requesting.

2 Likes

Hi, just checking in on this if there’s anything else I need to do.

1 Like

There isn’t. I’ve just been busy. I’ll get to it tonight.

Hi, are you still looking for a critique?

Sorry for the late response. I can’t wait to check out your critiques.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.