Has anybody ever heard of this website?

I only heard it through Sarah Cannon’s YouTube channel!

I was wondering if anyone else has heard about, by looking online or something else entirely.

Ream (reamstories.com)

So, what are your thoughts on it, personally?
Overall thoughts and feelings?

1 Like

Seems very bare bones. Might mess with it later.

2 Likes

What are your overall thoughts?

1 Like

REALLY BARE BONES

Is that a bad thing or not?

1 Like

It’s not the nicest first impression

Ah, it might be a newer site, if that is the case.

1 Like

I’d never heard of it until I watched one of her recent videos, so we probably saw the same video! And nope, I know nothing about the site. Are you thinking of posting there? It looks like a less popular version of Wattpad to me. Why not just post on Wattpad? There are probably more readers there than on Ream, not that there’s anything wrong with Ream that I know of. It just looks so much…smaller. ¯\_(ﭢ)_/¯

2 Likes

Nope, just asking a question out of pure curiosity.

I wanted to know if it’s popular enough, I suppose it isn’t.
Though it will in due time, maybe.

2 Likes

I’ve seen Ream around Facebook and stuff but I’ve never actually looked into what it is.

1 Like

always like looking at new websites for publishing :sob: there’s one called campfire that’s only recently became a publishing website too but before was just a good way for you to plan your books. i don’t personally like publishing anywhere other than wattpad at the moment though, and ao3, their terms and conditions i’ve already had a read through and i’m satisfied and content with sticking to it.

just remember to be careful to read raem’s terms and conditions, some sites will quite literally take ownership of the works you publish on their sites! i’ve heard of that happening so many times before, where writers didn’t read the terms & conditions from publishing websites and have gotten themselves stuck because what they write is suddenly not what they own legally! be careful and make sure you read through them.

I am not going to try Ream, I just wanted to know if anybody heard of it.
I have zero idea on whichever writing website that I’ll use in the future, knowing me, there won’t be.

1 Like

personally, i have heard of it from a different writing community. but i don’t think it’s very popular yet. think there’s been quite a few new recent publishing websites though, and raem is among them.

are you a one publishing site kinda person? to be honest, i think that’s the best sometimes. most people feel comfortable sticking to one place, but in the future there’s always an opportunity to branch out once you’ve spent a couple years on one site and want to expand your audience elsewhere. not everyone does that either though and most people are doing absolutely fine. especially on wattpad.

1 Like

Nope, I haven’t used sites like Wattpad, FictionPress, and etc in YEARS. I am what you call and on and off writer.

2 Likes

I was in early access but kinda let the ADHD goblins get the better of me and fell off the wagon. However, I ADORE their scheduling system and I LOVE how they have so many category warnings. They seem to allow everything (legal) and the interface is great. I just had some issues with copy-pasting direct from Scrivener, where all my formatting would go boom

2 Likes

So, there’s some positives to this website, personally?

1 Like

I think we could give site a bit of time to get better…:slightly_smiling_face:

No negatives :slight_smile: It’s basically Patreon but just for writers, and way more advanced in terms of settings, trigger warnings, etc

1 Like

Oh cool. :grin: