✨ Hobbies/Talents! ✨

…I don’t think that’s a plant :joy:

1 Like

If the police ask, that’s what I’m calling it…A sub-variety of the BRRRRRT species…

2 Likes

Look after the farm. But I don’t think it’s really a hobby :thinking:

2 Likes

Alright guess who’s back!

• Creating Music. All types.
  • Coding/Computers. I love coding. I even have a super secret project for WackyWriters :eyes:
  • Camping/Hiking/Backpacking
  • gardening. I’m obsessed with hibiscus!

Uhm those are my main ones. I might have more that I forgot lol.

5 Likes

I started stitching last year! I find it very soothing because I focus all my attention on something that isn’t a screen lol, and it also feel very fulfilling to create something :sparkles: artistic :sparkles: with my hands. I get the same kick from writing by hand, but stitching is more low effort for me because I don’t have to think too hard about creating plots or developing characters :nerd_face: Just gotta follow the pattern and the colour scheme!

4 Likes

:joy:

Maybe it’s a talent? :eyes: I couldn’t run a real life farm, I can barely run the one in my Sims game lol.

I would die or break something within like an hr of camping… I like outside and exploring, but nope. I know myself better :clown_face::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

Mindless tasks for the win!

2 Likes

I have a real life farm :joy:

Currently no sheep because of neighbour stupidity but we usually have sheep and lambs to look after year round. Got a horse (only one felt out of like six or seven). Also keep an eye on the local wildlife when necessary. We’ve also got to do stuff like keep the weeds under control, keep down the fire hazard, take care of the plants, get firewood, etc.

But I think these would more be classified as chores than a hobby 'cause this isn’t exactly optional :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hobbies:

Lego - building it, investing in it
Theatre - attending it, getting involved in it
Hiking/walking
Travelling
Eating out
Swimming
Yoga
Poker
Reading
DIY
Cat photography
Going out for coffee
Watching/reviewing movies
Spas
Museums
Theme parks
Oh, and writing/editing

Talents:

Tumbleweed…

5 Likes

Hobbies:-

Video Games.
Fishkeeping (Aquarist).
Writing (Must do more of this).

Talent/s:-

None… Except the creativeness of writing, I guess…

SD

1 Like

I like reading, whether it be stories or random science topics (my favorites are animals and space, occasionally medications or health stuff)

I like writing when I get the motivation to do so

I love crocheting plushies ^.^

I like drawing, but its been many months since I’ve picked up the pencil ;-;

Gardening is pretty nice, got a few potted plants at home, and sometimes do volunteer work at my former university’s garden when they announce dates

I often watch Youtube videos and Twitch people play games
I like playing videogames as well

I really like biking and swimming if location and resources allow for it

3 Likes

Lol darn xD.

Baby lambs!!! :purple_heart::blush:

Horsies!

Would you ever get guinea pigs to keep the grass low? Since I have guineas I’ve fallen down a rabbit hole of farmers who own a ton alongside chickens to feed on the grass and when there’s a predator everything scatters back inside the barn at the rooster’s scream :joy:.

2 Likes

It sounds like a lot of us are really into video games here!

I don’t think I have the patience for all the little pieces, but it’s really cool to see the final product?!

I’m a musical kid, so I love theater shows!

Haven’t been on a trip in so long because of adulting but I’m so ready to get back into it!

Yes to both but in opposite order so I don’t cramp up lol.

How’s your poker face? :eyes:

The photography is so specific xD.

People who can DIY are like magic to me! Do you do more crafts or build like actual furniture?

Haven’t been to a spa in forever but going to a new one this weekend for massages! And do you put the reviews somewhere? Do you only do certain movies? :eyes:

I love both of these! I actually probably like museums more than theme parks. My fiance knows if he can find a weird museum then I want to go. I really want to go to the cryptid museum for strange creatures!

Half of your hobbies sound like they need talent, so you have your pick :wink:.

Fresh water or salt water? What do you keep? :eyes:

We really need to have a thread where people tell all y’all how talented you are because there’s talent in just this thread alone! :purple_heart:

You and @Forever_D_A should talk about this if you haven’t already!

I haven’t written in over a year, so I think you’re more of an artist than I am a writer right now :see_no_evil:.

That’s so nice and keeps you involved!

Fun!!!

2 Likes

I mean, weve seen me edit photis, write junk, figure out some weird cause and effect subjects when brainstorming, I’ve posted sewing projects, i can crosstitch but its redious, voice major…

Hrm something I haven’t talked about?

Made borderline cut of volleyball tryouts in jr high becauee my underhand serve is wicked-low and strong (so it travels a close arc to an overhand serve)…but since my overhand serve was far less controlled, that’s what kept me off the team. Lol

But if I had trained, peole would have been fooled with that serve.

2 Likes

Do you still play volleyball? :eyes:

No. I’d have to get in a ton of shape and probsbly still wear knee braces.

But Im physically strounger and tougher, and I remeber the feel of that serve, ao Im thinking like all those old men who act like they are 18 until they throw out their back: as in I’m sure that I can both do it and land myself in the hospital, currently.

One of the reasons my father thinks women don’t lose weight as fast when it comes to hiit programs is that they oftren have no memory of hiit being normal training as a child. (Not just all the science on how women stress retain and whatnot. )Very few sports requires you to work out until you threw up like football did (so you learn the edge if where physically ill is and how to care for it), and hiit causes hgh spurts which can make you nauseous. Dad could remember pushing hinself like that and eventually worked back into that when he lost over 100 lbs about a decade back now? (Actually, at that point, he often out-performed his child/young adult self. And with mom, I’d say his assessment was spot-on. She never pushed herself like him, so her weight retained more.)

Thrn there’s all the muscle memory for piano, that I have: I still remeber how chords feel, but it would take some time to work back up to where I was. So, its there, but not.

These things are a duality. Most things are recoverable, but they take longer to get to, and may come with higher risks. But physicality is something most of us can regain until about the average lifespan (70s) with risk.

2 Likes

It’s even more specific than it sounds. It’s my own cat photography. I added it as a hobby because if I look through my photos on my phone they’re almost exclusively of my cat.

DIY - mostly painting and wallpapering, but I also built my library (although it’s hard to go wrong with shelves).

I don’t share my reviews anywhere. I’ve got a spreadsheet that’s got about 1100 movies in it (all the movies I’ve ever seen) but yeah, it just sits on my laptop.

Wow, this sounds cool!

And I completely forgot my favourite hobby of all - writing lists.

2 Likes

I love that! :rofl:

You ever been to a Ripley’s Believe it or Not museum or a wax museum?

1 Like

This would be like Audiomachine, like an instrumental soundtrack for an epic movie or something. ¯\_(ﭢ)_/¯

2 Likes

I have been to a wax museum - yes!

1 Like

All my talents are kinda… behind me, now, for various reasons, lol. But here’s some of the things I’ve done that I was weirdly good at?

Acting (exceptional, booked a really high end British agent within my first few weeks)
Flute (played in an orchestra for a time, I loved making music)
Ballet (trained briefly with a very important British company. Ballet was so much fun, but sadly I’m only 5 foot tall, so no future in it, lmao. Tried to get back into it after some years away, but my instructor was rude AF)

Hobbies wise I mainly just play games now, make 3D art, dabbled in making games. I just like making stuff xD

5 Likes