How Did Your Character Propose? šŸ’šŸ’’šŸ˜

I chuckled nicely :joy:.

Thatā€™s one way to do it :joy:.

Also, the skating thing is just cute, haha.

A while love story in three chapters, cool!

Iā€™m getting Romeo and Juliet tease :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

So cute went to :eyes: real quick :joy:.

:rofl:

4 Likes

Gets me thinking about how the proposal between two of my main characters who are already married would have gone. Evie probably wouldā€™ve just likeā€¦ gave Brandt a credit card with a few thousand and said ā€œGo buy me a ring and ask me over dinner. Iā€™ll pretend to be surprised.ā€

4 Likes

Rod - bought Gabriella a ring, was about to propose to her but tripped over a wire in the restaurant near the PA system of the live band and went flying into his pasta. Gabriella laughed, took the open box, took the ring, and kissed him. And she also said ā€œI doā€ too.

Wilmer - actually didnā€™t buy Luisa a ring. Bought her a puppy instead, because it was cheaper and he liked dogs. The puppy had a note in its mouth asking for her hand in marriage and she said yeah.

Adrian - made a PowerPoint for Marvin on why they should be together. Accepted and got a $200 voucher for a restaurant at the end and seven years of headaches after :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Love this! :joy:

Thatā€™s a cute comedy.

Awww, doggy!

Realistic :joy:.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve only written one proposal scene, and it was for my story My Christmas Romance. It was a New Yearā€™s Eve proposal so with fireworks :star_struck: on a paradisiacal beach in the Maldives with natural water lights (aka planktons) like in the pic down below

My MC does a beautiful speech and writes down in colorful chocolates (to not say the name) ā€˜Marry me?ā€™
You have to read the story to really understand how meaningful it is :wink:

4 Likes

Haha! So original! I like this!

2 Likes

If only it was that simple. It takes them the rest of the book to sort it out.

1 Like

Makes me think of The princess diary 2! :star_struck:

1 Like

Well, itā€™s certainly a way to tell an audience that there wonā€™t be any hanky panky.

2 Likes

Well, there are apparently plenty of people expressing the desire for NA books with no sex, so any day now someone will read it, I am sure of it.

2 Likes

That was so dry.

But seriously, I do hope you catch on, one day, with one of these things.

2 Likes

Rod is so cute, tbh. Gabriella keeps him right.

Chico IV is his name. Dory has a Chico too.

:joy: Adrian does his own head in too. Heā€™s one of those guys.

Is it? lol. Theyā€™re all a bit weird in the Churroverseā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s why when you say you had a weird dream, Iā€™m thinkingā€¦was it normal, for once?

2 Likes

Nah, my dream isnā€™t related to proposing, and it was random :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Awww, sounds so seeet and romantic, love that!

1 Like

Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a market for it!

1 Like

This is actually not the final proposal for this couple (as they, in a stroke of sudden maturity, decide it might be too early for them to get married). But it happens on a gravel soccer field at sunset (so more romantic than it might first seem), using a candy ring from a hospital gift shop.

4 Likes

:pleading_face:

3 Likes

They donā€™t break up though! And this leaves an opportunity for me to write an even more adorable proposal later on (in the sequel).

2 Likes

So cute! :sob: