How Did Your Character Propose? šŸ’šŸ’’šŸ˜

It had been crickets from start to finish and for a year. I can safely say that it was a flop, tying only with my asexual space opera in terms of people not wanting to read it.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s something Iā€™ve got to get my act together on. Before this past year, Iā€™d read hundreds of books a year. I doubt I finished 5 this past year. No wonder Iā€™ve about lost my mind this year. Lol

3 Likes

Oh, gosh, I definitely didnā€™t mean you. Sorry if it came across that way. Just my usual bewilderment about traction.

2 Likes

I know you didnā€™t. It just reminded me to get off my butt. Lmao

3 Likes

Thereā€™s a twist: both proposals involve the same woman :joy: oh, and the dead character plays a major role in the story even though heā€™s already dead. I can give more context, if you donā€™t mind spoilers XD

3 Likes

I am intrigued :eyes:.

1 Like

Okay. Some parts are a bit tragic :sweat_smile:

So the girl and the boy first met at an academy. She was five, and he was nine. The two were really close friends. They first dated when she was eighteen, and he proposed to her a few years later. They were supposed to get married when she was twenty-one.

And then on their wedding day, while she was walking down the aisle, the villain of the story stormed the cathedral on the back of a dragon-like beast. Her fiancƩ pushed her before she could be devoured, sacrificing himself for her.

Then she lost everyone close to her that day :cry: sheā€”and the villainā€”were the only survivors of the tragedy. She couldnā€™t get over the loss. She kept on wearing the engagement ring she gave him even long after his death.

Then she rescued the other guy. Heā€™s an amnesiac whoā€™s forgotten virtually everything before he met her, so she took him under her wing. They ended up growing close over the years. Oh, and a twist: the second man is the cousin of her late fiancĆ©, which surprised both of them. His feelings for her developed ahead, but he didnā€™t want to reveal his love for her for a lot of reasons, one of them being the fact that sheā€™s still wearing her late fiancĆ©ā€™s engagement ring, and another because he thought that she would never love a man like him.

So he kept it to himself and talked about his love for her in his diary. Well, a ton of things happened, and she ended up reading it, finding out that he loves her. She was conflicted because she was starting to grow feelings for him too, but it felt like she was betraying her first love.

And a lot of things happened after that, and then one night her late fiancĆ© appeared to her in a dream. He told her to move on, since heā€™s been dead for years already, and to find her happiness with the other man.

And the rest is history XD

2 Likes

Wow xD. I mean, great story about selflessness :joy:.

1 Like

Thanks! That romance part actually came later to me in the plotting process, so I was a bit surprised at how it unfolded. You can actually read some of it right here on Wacky, the forum :eyes:

2 Likes

You gotta put it up in the Wacky sure if you havenā€™t already :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

2 Likes

Oh, I will. The actual bookā€™s on the Wacky writing site, but Iā€™m stuck on the twelfth chapter. Meanwhile the aforementioned diary, which Iā€™ve posted here on this forum, has more than thirty entries >.> XD

I really need to set my priorities :woman_facepalming:

The proposal scenes are one of the scenes Iā€™m looking forward to writing, but the flashback proposalā€™s about 100,000 words away, so :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Omg, I hate that xD, when I want to write a scene but have to write lead-up stuff, haha.

1 Like

In one of my stories, I made him get a boat, dress up as Flynn from Tangled, and propose as he sang horribly off key. There were the lanterns and of course she was dressed in Rapunzelā€™s dress. Only this time, they kissed and my MC didnā€™t get kidnapped. :joy:

3 Likes

What do you mean this time?! XD

1 Like
Explanation

In one of my worlds, people donā€™t normally marry for love. Itā€™s mainly for the mutation of their magic, which makes peopleā€™s families stronger (magically and politically). People also donā€™t really propose with rings, normally. Itā€™s anything that can make someoneā€™s magic stronger, which is one of the biggest compliments and play to someoneā€™s ego lol.

For my MC, she gets proposed to twice by both her LIā€™s. The male LI gives her a choker with protective enchantments on it (damage that would otherwise hurt her horribly would be passed off to him), and the female LI gives her an arm cuff crafted from a rare, flexible metal, with a charm carved from the trees that she grows exclusively with her magic.

My MC accepts both proposals :eyes:

2 Likes

Well thenā€¦ ā€œLucy, you got some ā€˜splaining to do!ā€ :joy:

2 Likes

Yeaaaaaah :rofl:

Both LIā€™s have known that they were in love with the same woman, and expected her to pick one. Big conversations happened, but for the most part they were okay with it haha.

2 Likes

We love monopolizing love to its fullest potential :laughing:.

1 Like

So in my mystery novel, my MCā€™s adoptive parents are married. So her dad proposed in the simplest way possible. They were in sweats and on the middle of the lawn. The dad got down on one knee and said, ā€œI hate super sappy proposals. I love you, marry me?ā€ And then later on they got married!

In my chick lit novel, itā€™s super cute. So when Nicole (my FMC) and her new husband, (Ash) met, she mentioned that she loves mint chocolate chip ice cream and that if you propose to her with that, then sheā€™ll say yes. Well, when he proposed, he got her a mint chocolate chip cone, and on top was the ring. When she noticed, he got down on one knee, reminded her about the ā€œpropose to me with that, Iā€™m yoursā€, and said, ā€œWill you marry me?ā€

3 Likes

Efficiency! XD

1 Like