How long does it take for you to read a book?

manga/graphic novels and audiobooks are both valid forms of reading! I would know, I’m a Library Science student aka student of the people who actually get to say what ‘counts’

if you’re interested in reading more/absorbing more of what you read, maybe you can practice some things with the methods you’re already using. Like, maybe you can try reading/listening to just one chapter a day. Just a small, manageable task that won’t take up much time or energy. And at the end, give yourself a little reward for the dopamine, and you can go about the rest of your day as normal.

maybe reading will get easier. and if it doesn’t, a chapter a day can get you really far!

2 Likes

That is the only way I can get into reading by doing manga and/or webtoons.

Wow, it’s like the more I discover about myself or things just make sense…the more depressed I am starting to get.

2 Likes

it happens, push through. it’s worth coming out the other side with more clarity, better equipted to move forward.

2 Likes

Left me in tears when I learned more of my childhood… moments ago.

Thanks a bunch!

2 Likes

i can’t tell if that’s sarcasm, but i hope the rest of your night goes better and has less tears.

2 Likes

No. I actually did cry. No need for sarcasm.

I’m thanking you for talking with me and understanding.

2 Likes

ah, thanks for clarifying, i have a hard time with stuff like that sometimes :sweat_smile:

remember to hydrate
pat-duck

2 Likes

No problem.

I really do need to drink more water. I got milk tea, though.

1 Like

:open_mouth: you just reminded me i have ginger honey tea mix. i’m gonna go have some of that now, yisss

1 Like

Sounds yummy! :yum:

1 Like

Depends on the book. Because the length and the amount of interest I have matters especially when I read multiple books at the same time

2 Likes

Over a month or about a month because I’m also drawing and writing and I’m a mood reader.

Also, at the moment, it’s quite slow because I did just finish an 850 page book before the end of 2022. I deserve a break XD

2 Likes

A few hours and over a month, no in-between.

1 Like

I binged a 350 page thriller in one day because I couldn’t put it down once. I stayed up until like 4am reading it.

1 Like

Honestly anywhere between a week and a month (usually), depending on how immersed I am in the book and how much is going on in my life.

Like, there have been books I’ve read within a week (sometimes getting through a hundred pages in a day!) from being so so into the story that I found it hard to put down. Regardless of how many pages it was XD

On the other end, I’ve read books that I liked but either wasn’t as invested in the story or just had more stuff going on in life (such as being in the middle of classes). I also tend to be slower reading electronic/online stories compared to reading a physical book. More distractions I suppose. They can take a month or more in that case :sweat_smile:

1 Like