How to take my time with writing by hand?!

Real Talk: when I do decide to write by hand, I find myself speeding through because I find handwriting notes or in general aggravatingly irksome. So, I need to know, how can I just take a breather and write like my pants aren’t on fire or something?

If it calls for writing by hand, I want to learn how to just hand write with patience.

Tell me how.

3 Likes

Learn cursive!

2 Likes

My cursive is horrid.
grumbles I suppose I can give it a shot. I might just have worries that I will half print and half cursive the whole thing.

1 Like

Why write by hand? Learn to type! Then you can get your thoughts down almost as fast as you can think them. ٩(˘◡˘)۶

3 Likes

Learn to type better???

2 Likes

Yup! Did you ever take typing classes in school?

2 Likes

Yeah…years ago.

I only want to hand write if the time calls for it not because I need to or something.

2 Likes

Think really slowly about what you have to do. I’ve heard it can be very useful (and works with typing, too)

2 Likes

weight the end of your writing utensil so it’s harder to write fast xP

maybe remind yourself about legibility? imagine someone else is going to be reading your handwriting later and you want to make it look neat and tidy for them to read, meaning you can’t speed-demon-scribble.

and maybe try ballpoints? idk. i know gel pens are the fave around here but it’s easier to write speedy with them.

1 Like

No gel pens for me?!
:frowning_face:

1 Like

it was just an idea :stuck_out_tongue: not a very good one tbh

1 Like

I can switch between either ballpoint or gel pens.
I just like the glide of gel that is all.

Also, wouldn’t ballpoint pens put more strain on your hands when you write or am I way off?

1 Like

i don’t know, i don’t think so. i hate gel pens so i only write with ballpoints and my hand is alright.

1 Like

Ah, alrighty then.

1 Like