I am never comfortable in desk chairs and don't know what to do!

Finding the right desk chair is bothersome and I am NEVER truly comfortable. I’ve always had bad posture and the way I sit is awkward, but I have gone through so many chairs that I am tired and frustrated.

My lower back hurts, my ass hurts, and fidget a lot as well. This is a product of me dealing with AuDHD and man it is annoying to find the right chair.

Does anyone relate because the chair I have now is uncomfortable and has weird quirks. I just need a good chair that won’t break the bank and is comfortable and supportive towards my body for long periods of time.

Thoughts and feelings?

4 Likes

@CoffeebyNight
@NotARussianBot
@Xelyn_Craft
@copyedit
@SecretDurham
@JojoDahlia
@lunar.eclipse
@lowarlo
@Churro

How are you guys when it comes to desk chairs? I know whatever will work for you may not work for me, but I need options and suggestions that are affordable and worth it in the long run.

I am tired of going from chair to chair. Nothing is working and I need something different and I don’t know what that is. I need to actually feel a chair out and that is a bit hard for me to do.

sad sigh

2 Likes

Yoga ball chair. I like them at least…

2 Likes

I’ve seen those. Do you have the ones with back support or without it?

1 Like

Back support yeah

1 Like

All I can tell you is: for the love of all that’s holy, don’t ever get a Serta! They may or may not make decent mattresses, but their chairs are the absolute worst. Omg I’ve never made such a terrible purchase in my life. (⊙.⊙(-̶●̃ₒ●̶̃)⊙.⊙)

1 Like

Thanks I shall keep that in mind. LOL!

1 Like

I… just use a regular kitchen chair. it works for all kinds of weird sitting positions. make sure it’s without armrests though, or else your legs will be suffocating.

1 Like

I got a Secretlabs chair like 5 years ago. Lifechanging.

1 Like

I have the same problem with desk chairs. I’m more comfortable bringing my laptop in bed with me and sitting there while leaning against the wall. I don’t do desks very well. When I had to use one at school, I would always come home with back pain.

1 Like

I did find a new chair that looks good from Amazon that I saved to my cart to purchase. Though sitting in my bed hurts my legs for a while and makes it hard for me to comfortable.

2 Likes

The neurodivergent curse is to never be comfortable sitting… Or standing.

2 Likes

I know, I know…

:pensive:

2 Likes

Still having terrible luck with a chair and doubts.

1 Like

How much do those chairs cost?

1 Like

A regular kitchen chair?

1 Like

You can get the “lites” for like just under 400GBP, they’re not the cheapest (but not the most expensive). They’re super comfy!

2 Likes

Thanks for letting me know. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

yup.

just a chair from your kitchen table. works wonders.

1 Like

Oh wow.

1 Like