I had a terrible nightmare once...

It was the day before I learned about the passing of Akira Toriyama, RIP manga legend.
In it, Dragonball was created by Neil Gaiman, a little bit in the style of his Sandman series. I can’t give specifics but everything about it was wrong. Just wrong.

So I was wondering if you’ve ever wondered what would have happened if a completely different person wrote your favorite stories. I think I’d like to see Rick Riordan take on Journey to the West one day.

@Akje
@TheTigerWriter
@Tiya
@J.L.O

2 Likes

I kind of get that when I see a Grims fairytale from Disney, Robin Hood Men in Tights, and the like.

2 Likes

That’s an interesting thought I’ll come back to :thinking:

Remind me.

1 Like

OK!

I’ll remind you tomorrow!

1 Like

First of all, I’m sorry for your loss. I know you didn’t know him, but we do grieve for beloved celebrities who pass on, so don’t disregard any feelings of sadness about it. It’s perfectly okay to feel bad for strangers who die.

Secondly, yes! I’ve had weird dreams and conscious thoughts, though not nightmares, about totally different people creating certain works. Like what would Alice in Wonderland be like if Stephen King had written it? Or what if some romance writer had worked on screenplays for The Wild Wild West ?

Mind-blowing, I’m thinking… ʕʘ_ʘʔ

2 Likes

I’ve been informed that Mr. Sandman has a library of books that were never written. I also assume he may have a separate library for books that were made in alternate universes.

1 Like

Like Aladdin by Disney.

Actually, in Arabian Nights, the story of Aladdin is set in China. And the plot is a lot different. But I guess I liked the Disney one too

1 Like

Now imagine if an entirely different animation studio adapted Aladdin.

1 Like

This is a little bit of what I feel when reading fanfic, which is part of the reason why I don’t/can’t read them.

1 Like

Ehehehehe!

I’m hoping that I’ll never see Gaiman’s version of Dragonball because it will end up entirely butchered.

Ahahaha but to be fair to fanfic writers, it’s not necessarily because I think they’ll butcher the original work… it’s just wrong in my head, regardless of quality, if that makes sense lol

1 Like

Ehehe it makes more sense to me than erasing the fact that the love interest in a book has a tail. Long story.

Like the Dragonball? The they’ll be sweet little kids! :joy:

Anyways, maybe it depends, are you talking about some particular anime style?

1 Like

More like, imagine if Disney during the 1940s did Aladdin. If you compare classic disney to rennaissance disney, you’ll see how different it could really be!

1 Like

Ah, yeah. It’ll be maybe different.

a little bit ago when I went downstairs to boil milk, some girls were talking about Goku, don’t know if actual Goku or someone who’s username somewhere is Goku

1 Like

They could be talking about the Japanese version of Sun Wukong for all you know.

1 Like

What’s that?

1 Like

A hyper-murder moneky that achieves godhood.