I have a weird question...do you have questions?

This is a strange question.

Do you have questions to other writers as a writer yourself?

It could be about how they write or how they come up with ideas, or maybe how they fit writing into their busy lives? Idk… anything.

Do you have questions?

In case you’re too confused to answer, I’m considering a question series for writers on my IG account. Haven’t come up with a hashtag that isn’t already in use. Hoping I can use dearstrugglingwriters or something like that.

5 Likes

Will there ever be a borderline between originality and cliche?

2 Likes

Have you noticed a general trend in stories that as you get to older and older age groups, the supporting cast is at less and less risk of having personalities that are too strong, often annoying, to the point where everyone is so down to earth they hardly have a personality

1 Like

How do you keep writing? What motivates you or determines you to put pen to paper? How do you start back up after you’ve stopped for a while?

6 Likes

These are some good questions.

Keep them coming.

I have a few days until I can make a bunch of graphics again.

2 Likes

How do other writers promote their work?

If they keep an email list of readers, how do they make it attractive for the reader not to mark their emails as spam, as I always do?

1 Like

I’m not one for really wanting to wholly know what others think and feel about things, so I don’t really start these things. Just a lack of that specific curiosity, is all.

But I come up with interesting questions because I am a “deep thinker” (as in I like the mechanics of figuring out processes and whatnot, even if I don’t apply them).

1. How much of your imposter syndrome comes from you being “too normal” instead of being “a polished writer?”

2. How far off your expectations for a read can another writer get before you lose interest?

3. What makes you wake up in a cold sweat (causes nightmares) in your writing?

2 Likes

Do you ever listen to a song and then immediately think of a scene in your book?

4 Likes

Novel and interesting ideas

1 Like

So many times have heard a song/piece of music and it seemed to fit a bit of my writing…

To be sure, I wrote a “Tavern Brawl” which fully fitted a bit of music by Mick Gordon, a Video Game soundtrack from Doon 2016 entitled BFG Division… As I listened I saw in my mind the whole fight unfold, and it was a revelation in not just how I wrote it, but the pace of which it happened also… Props to Mick Gordon for that, and his unusual style of music, but this has happened a few times of late…

Mostly this happens during quieter times of my tale/s. Mellow music for mellow times it would seem for the most part…

SD

2 Likes

how do people outline lmao

4 Likes

I think the biggest issue is alot of people don’t have it all fleshed out but they have most of it and people let that stop them from writing instead of just letting the story unfold nobody publishes the first draft anyway

3 Likes

There are many possible ways my friend. Many possible ways.

1 Like

A lot of fanfiction, especially the low quality stuff, appears to have been a first draft and then published. If you’re talking publishing as putting up for sale, then, that’s a little different. Even self published books go through a bit of editing.

https://www.masterclass.com/articles/how-to-outline-your-novel

1 Like

Yes, you do :wink:

1 Like

But that is a good question! Because I’m a pantser, I wouldn’t have thought to ask that. There are plenty planners on IG though. I’ve especially seen the ones with the sticky notes on the walls. They probably have some good outlining methods to share :blush:

3 Likes

You have the answer to everything XD

But do you have an answer to your own question? :wink:

Btw, your question to authors, the one about struggles with diverse casts? Do you have an IG account I can tag for answers or shall I share the answers in a message or something?

1 Like

No Indeactivated mine a while ago

2 Likes

It’s closer to a hypothesis made on observation, more of a research question than anything. The likelyhood of encountering spoiled brats in stories you like decreases as you get older.

1 Like