Imagine, just imagine (FUNNY!!!)

Let’s try this scenario:

You’re writing a story about a main character who is unflinchingly yet obnoxiously kind-hearted to a fault, but you absolutely HATE this character so much because of it. You have tried killing this character so many times, but it is like death strongly avoids this character entirely, causing you to deal with this character more and longer than you wanted to. Even though the story/plot is going somewhere and is barely even considered boring, the character is driving you bonkers because they are SUPER and DISGUSTING kind.

Like you wrote a scene where the MC saves some kitties from a tree that is on fire. This is your inner reaction towards the whole thing:

“Ugh! There they go saving two damn kitties from some fucking tree! GOD, I HATE THIS ASSHOLE!”

The longer you stick with this story the more angrier you become with the MC and tries desperately to kill them.

What do you do?

NOTE: THIS IS PURELY FUN AND HUMOROUS! DO NOT READ TOO INTO THIS AND TAKE OUT ALL THE FUN! I WONDER HOW MUCH OF YOU ALL WILL SHATTER THE FOURTH WALL JUST TO STRANGLE THIS CHARACTER!

1 Like

@NotARussianBot, @JohnnyTuturro, and @J.L.O:
I desire comedy!

:rofl: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ve read the book where this guy exists, and the inner monologue of the author exists.

I probably still own both books, in storage.

But I’d outright do something similar: a foil to run off each other… And have that mask slip in an unfortunate twist.

1 Like

Dear god, so it has been written?!
LOL!

This sounds like what would happen if the people who made Riverdale had to work on a family friendly Casper reboot for Nick Jr and couldn’t add any of the under drinking and nudity they like.

3 Likes

Nothing new under the sun.

2 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

True. LOL!

1 Like

Bump.

1 Like

Vulkan from Warhammer 40,000 lore would be a good example of a kind ‘I’m not dead yet’ character.

Vulkan is the Primarch of the Salamanders Space Marine legion. The Salamanders are renowned as being the most gentle / friendly superhuman (Space Marine) armies in the lore, following their Primarch’s example…The Salamanders are known for prioritising the safety and wellbeing of ‘lesser’ normal humans far above their own…Vulkan is also almost immortal. He can survive and regenerate wounds that would kill most other Primarchs (like plummeting through a world’s atmosphere from orbit with zero protection and cratering the ground).

2 Likes