Is the world ending? (in your story, of course)

So, whether or not the characters are going to survive or somehow stop the ending of the world from happening doesn’t matter here. I just want to know

• if the world is ending in your story,
  • how it all started,
  • what horrible things are happening,
  • how it’s going to end (assuming the heroes fail), and,
  • if you have an idea of what it will look like afterwards.

I have nothing on my end. I just thought this would be a fun question :grin:

5 Likes

That is somewhat the idea for Project Merellian…

I shall return to give my thoughts later.

1 Like

Not ending, but changing. Going through a bad era to come out of it with a prosperous future…

Large battles, and many losses along the way… New found allies, and rebinding of bonds of friendships of races and peoples… Revelations of the Ancient Gods, and a world broken and left to be repaired by all who dwell upon it…

The future will be written by those who survive, and their deeds done.

SD

2 Likes

Sort of! The world is ending in the capital of the country, since a volcano is going to erupt and bury everything within about 15-20 km. Fortunately that’s going to wipe out the corrupt, usurping government that has taken over from the legitimate monarch, who will return in book two to reclaim the throne and rebuild everything just in time for whatever the heck happens in book three. (>‿◠):v:

2 Likes

When you say “world”, are we talking individual worlds or our entire story world? Because those are two different answers for me :joy:

1 Like

Yes and no. xD

It’s not ending any time soon, but in the series - somewhere around book three or four (not written, not outlined) - I do have lots of people move to another planet. When I first thought of it as a series and came up with the idea that multiple species sought refuge on Earth, I had plans for the Earth’s destruction and the move to another habitable planet.

Half the book is science fiction, so I thought, “Why not?” :rofl: Sounded like a decent idea at the time.

The plan I had (which wasn’t final) was that the massive war they have towards book three or four would cause the Earth to… basically blow up. Just like how the others did, the reason why they had to leave their home.

Right now (well, after a few thousand years) had undergone a continental shift and climate change, so it’s slowly being destroyed, but nothing major has happened yet that’s made it unbearable. People in my story have just adapted to the changes.

However, there’s two major wars going on.

The first is the main war that’s known within the story - Viknora, the Queen of the Victorians - caused an intergalactic war as she destroys multiple planets. Some of the species found refuge on Earth, and then she made her way to the same planet. A part of her army is still in space, but the rest is on Earth with her. She continues to send her “battalion” to set fire on villages, kill people, etc. and no one really knows why…

But the second war is actually the reason why. xD She was captured and experimented on and she wants to seek revenge, so she’s looking for them based on the sources/tips she’s heard about. She believes they’re hiding on Earth, hence… all the destruction.

The idea was for it to end in complete chaos… and as I’ve mentioned, the Earth blows up. The MC tries to save the world, but of course, it doesn’t work. And so, the only solution everyone could figure out is to leave the planet.

Book four’s main plot would be their settlement on a new planet.

I already have the titles for the rest of the series, along with their part titles (each book is split into three parts). Although, the only book with an outline is the sequel. xD Book three and four have no outlines haha.

Book four’s (current) title is Amity. Part one: NEW WORLD. Part two: PEACE TREATY. Part three: NEW AGE.

I’m guessing they’d be dealing with new conflicts, but will end on okay terms. And then they just live their life as normal as they could. Starting anew.

:thinking:

1 Like