Is there a name and surname that you always found beautiful?

Well, is there?

To make it more fun, select a name and surname from another country that you always loved!

Any gender, any meaning, and any nation, just give me your favorite name along with surname!

Thoughts and feelings?

4 Likes

@TheTigerWriter
@alenatenjo
@Akje
@JojoDahlia
@J.L.O
@JohnnyTuturro
@NotARussianBot
@copyedit
@MatthewJH
@SecretDurham

Tell me, tell me!

2 Likes

A long-time writer friend of mine’s first name is Raisa which I’ve always found beautiful, and she’s even allowed me to use it as a character name in one of my stories if I wanted to :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I did come up with a character called Risha which is close to Raisa and told my friend about it and she liked Risha, too. So, although I haven’t come up with a Raisa character, I did get approval for the close one :wink:

Anyway, that was a bit of a story time :grin:

2 Likes

I came here before you called me XD

1 Like

The only Raisa that I know is from a fiction novel.
Her name is Raisa ana Marianna and she’s the Princess Heir to the Queendom of Fellsmarch.

She was a Princess Heir, now she’s the Queen last I remember.

1 Like

I noticed. Lol! :laughing:

1 Like

It sounds like a princess name, doesn’t it? Princess Raisa. I can imagine a girl wearing a crown.

My friend’s from Bangladesh, and I think I remember her saying the name meant beauty or royal or queen or something like that.

Your name is also pretty :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Qualeshia.

I don’t know many “Q” names.

Btw, how do you pronounce your name? I might have asked before, but I want to know again.

2 Likes

Aww, thank you! :blush:

In my name, the letter i is silent. So, it’s pronounced kwah-Lee-sha.

The name Raisa is pretty though.

2 Likes

There is a nordic surname named Vinter that I think is really cool sounding.

2 Likes

I’m here to change that!

3 Likes

I’m currently amused with the title Thane. You see it in Skyrim, right? Thanes were the lords of Scottish clans. My ancestry comes from that as much as French.

3 Likes

My Turn:

I seem to like names that start with the letter K, S, R, A, and N a lot.

Though two of my favorite names don’t start with those letters. Like Demetrius is a beautiful sounding name and Evangeline is just awesome sounding to me.

But for names from other countries, I have a few that I love from Japan, not gonna lie.

Akira.
Kanna.
Kenji or Kenshiro.
Satsuki or Sakura.
Shinji or Shinichi.
Takashi.

3 Likes

Makoto is a pretty cool unisex name with the meaning of “pure”.

2 Likes

Yeah, it is!

1 Like

I wanna say Churro here. :wink:

Nah, well it isn’t so much beautiful names as one that I like.

Rico/Ricardo/Ricky and also Enrique.

For females?

I really like Alicia.

3 Likes

Viktor Nikiforov
Magdalena
Daisuke
Lana
Monroe

3 Likes

I actually like this name. It’s also May. The month. I also like Kaede (kah-ay-day which is maple)

I feel like this is a common manga/anime name :grin: What do you like about it? The sound?

Here are some unique Japanese names I want your thoughts on:
Taiyo (it’s “the sun”)
Hikaru (unique because unisex, “shining”)
Kobuna (surname, “little crucian carp”)
Bungo (read like boon-goh and this was a first name for a boy. I don’t know what the meaning is, but the “bun” uses the kanji for “sentence”. Really unique. I have never seen any other name like this.)

Btw, none of these people were my friends and the first one was a random little boy at a preschool I heard had this name. Just letting you know, so you won’t feel bad to say you don’t like the names. I, personally, am not fond of Bungo XD

2 Likes

I think so. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I only know it from Bungo Stray Dogs. I watched an old episode of Family Fued (Pre-Steve Harvey Era) where there was a Black family where one of the daughters was named Kimiko, of all things.

2 Likes

Interesting. She didn’t have an Asian heritage?

Btw, Bungo isn’t like “bun” like a bread bun in the Japanese version. A different pronunciation could actually be a name somewhere else.

2 Likes